Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

91 has a toll from 55 to riverside line and riverside line to 15
cool. Thanks. I will look into it. If free, never hurts to have registered in case I need it. Now just need to wait to get my stickers. lol
Sponsored

R1Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
I can't stand those ugly stickers and am not looking forward to putting them on my LG R1S. Wish they could be replaced with a Special License Plate indicating the vehicle is an EV.

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

I can't stand those ugly stickers and am not looking forward to putting them on my LG R1S. Wish they could be replaced with a Special License Plate indicating the vehicle is an EV.
Agreed, but I learned a long time ago that "with great power, comes....." Seriously though, I had to come to grips with having ugly stickers on my beautiful car a long time ago if I wanted to benefit of the carpool. And since I work 40 miles away from my house, i use the carpool A LOT.

Thuffman10

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS1
Occupation
sales
Clubs

I took delivery of my Rivian on 3/31/22. I had to wait a few weeks for plates to arrive since when you apply for the EV decals, you need your permanent plate number. Once I received my plates, I went to AAA to switch them for my legacy plates I had in my possession. I mailed in the the application with a check for 22$ and 3 weeks later, I received the decals ! TIP : Apply the decals to white vinyl and hand trim them out. This way, when they need to be removed ( Decals good thru 9/30/2025 ) they CAN be removed without damaging the paint.

Carpool.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg
what vinyl or PPF product did you use with the EV decals?

Sponsored

OP
OP
onthebrake

onthebrake

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE - 3/31/2022 Took Delivery
Occupation
Project Manager
what vinyl or PPF product did you use with the EV decals?
I didn’t buy the Twraps overpriced kit. I’m a sign guy by trade so I already had vinyl and did it myself. You can buy a small roll of vinyl on line and had trim yourself.

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

I didn’t buy the Twraps overpriced kit. I’m a sign guy by trade so I already had vinyl and did it myself. You can buy a small roll of vinyl on line and had trim yourself.
Shipping is about $6. Platform fees are 20%. Our kit also includes a spray bottle and a squeegee.
Just giving a perspective about why something costs as much as it does ($20 for the PPF kit in this case). If you do the math ($20 - 20% - $6 = $10 for packaging, labor, raw materials, cost of doing business and maybe profit), calculating all costs involved between turning raw materials into a usable product delivered to you, you will see that this is not that expensive. If you have PPF though and a plotter of course it will be cheaper to do it yourself - just like it's cheaper to prepare your own meal than have a DoorDash deliver it to you from a restaurant.

Last edited:

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Those stickers would look so much less offensive on a compass yellow truck.
They are style matched for a Prius.
Sponsored