First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE - 3/31/2022 Took Delivery
Occupation
Project Manager
I took delivery of my Rivian on 3/31/22. I had to wait a few weeks for plates to arrive since when you apply for the EV decals, you need your permanent plate number. Once I received my plates, I went to AAA to switch them for my legacy plates I had in my possession. I mailed in the the application with a check for 22$ and 3 weeks later, I received the decals ! TIP : Apply the decals to white vinyl and hand trim them out. This way, when they need to be removed ( Decals good thru 9/30/2025 ) they CAN be removed without damaging the paint.

Rivian R1T R1S EV Carpool Stickers arrived sooner than anticipated - Good till 9/30/2025 Carpool

Rivian R1T R1S EV Carpool Stickers arrived sooner than anticipated - Good till 9/30/2025 IMG_0284
Sponsored

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

I took delivery of my Rivian on 3/31/22. I had to wait a few weeks for plates to arrive since when you apply for the EV decals, you need your permanent plate number. Once I received my plates, I went to AAA to switch them for my legacy plates I had in my possession. I mailed in the the application with a check for 22$ and 3 weeks later, I received the decals ! TIP : Apply the decals to white vinyl and hand trim them out. This way, when they need to be removed ( Decals good thru 9/30/2025 ) they CAN be removed without damaging the paint.

Carpool.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg
excuse the ignorance, but what do you mean by white vinyl? I am waiting for my ev decals and got something from TW wraps that is like a clear plastic that attaches. I have not opened the set yet so not quite sure of the directions.

Will the white vinyl stay on the car pretty well or do you have to worry about the decals being stolen?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
excuse the ignorance, but what do you mean by white vinyl? I am waiting for my ev decals and got something from TW wraps that is like a clear plastic that attaches. I have not opened the set yet so not quite sure of the directions.

Will the white vinyl stay on the car pretty well or do you have to worry about the decals being stolen?
The vInyl stays on pretty well but if someone knows you used it the stickers could be stolen. Most people do not try as the stickers are designed to be hard to remove and are very difficult to get off in 1 piece if you put them directly on the vehicle.

I did not use them very often so had reusable vInyl stickers for the ones on my Tesla and only put them on the car when I needed them. It worked out well for me.

OP
OP
onthebrake

onthebrake

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager

Your clear decals are vinyl as well. Yes, the vinyl is used for signs so it's high performance and good for 5 -7 years easy. It would still be hard to steal, just not impossible to remove.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Those stickers would look so much less offensive on a compass yellow truck.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Those stickers would look so much less offensive on a compass yellow truck.
Not sure they would look less offensive on anything. I only used my tesla ones 7 times in the 3 years they were good for, that is why I did not leave them on all of the time.

OP
OP
onthebrake

onthebrake

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
They save me about 15 minutes every day now using the carpool lane during rush hour traffic.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

They save me about 15 minutes every day now using the carpool lane during rush hour traffic.
I see that you live in FV. The question I have is that once the 405 expressway goes in soon, will the sticker exempt you from toll charges. So far, things differ from the toll road operator to operator. For an example, 73 toll road does not accommodate EVs w/sickter for toll exemption; whereas the 91 toll road (if you register with them) gives you exemption but you can only have EVs on your account.

For me, using the toll road saves over 30 mins round trip but its not so much time as much as significantly less "stop-n-go" traffic pattern.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I see that you live in FV. The question I have is that once the 405 expressway goes in soon, will the sticker exempt you from toll charges. So far, things differ from the toll road operator to operator. For an example, 73 toll road does not accommodate EVs w/sickter for toll exemption; whereas the 91 toll road (if you register with them) gives you exemption but you can only have EVs on your account.

For me, using the toll road saves over 30 mins round trip but its not so much time as much as significantly less "stop-n-go" traffic pattern.
Looks like there will be (or at least when this page was created in 2016) But the schedule has not been defined yet. Probably will be like the 91 with some free and some reduced. I doubt that you will need the sticker for this, you do not need it on the 91.

Sponsored

OP
OP
onthebrake

onthebrake

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager

I had no idea that the EV decals would/could work with some toll roads too, so thank you for that info. Although, I have a toll road transponder / decal that my work pays for, so either way, I don't have to worry about paying tolls.

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

wait.... you can get toll exemption with carpool sticker? I have had one on my Tesla for about 6 years and never knew that. I will have to research the issue. :)

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
wait.... you can get toll exemption with carpool sticker? I have had one on my Tesla for about 6 years and never knew that. I will have to research the issue. :)
Not all tolls but on the 91 you can get an account for EVs that allows free or discounted access to the 91 for an EV.

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Not all tolls but on the 91 you can get an account for EVs that allows free or discounted access to the 91 for an EV.
Maybe I just dont go on that part of the 91 but where is it a toll? I am in Fullerton, so 91 for me means getting on around the 57 and usually if i take it, it is west. I dont pay attention really, but dont remember a toll portion. Maybe after 605?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Maybe I just dont go on that part of the 91 but where is it a toll? I am in Fullerton, so 91 for me means getting on around the 57 and usually if i take it, it is west. I dont pay attention really, but dont remember a toll portion. Maybe after 605?
91 has a toll from 55 to riverside line and riverside line to 15
Sponsored