mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Good copy!

Now I'm split between 17" electric Blackstone and some sort of induction. I love our big gas Blackstone, so easy to use with its big surface area, but induction allows us to easily boil water with current pot/pans and not buy a kettle.
Aha - that was my next question.

We have a Smeg kettle that we just toss into the gear when camping, and it works out great.

I’m going to try out induction for the next trip and see how it goes. Still have my trusty, old-school Coleman white gas stove that is almost certainly going to be a named item in my Last Will and Testament. Just need to decide which kid I love most.
Sponsored

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

I have used/ currently use the following to great success in my rig:

DOMETIC Cl21 - what Rivian used in their camp kitchen, double burner, only double I’ve ever seen that limits itself to 1500w at max vs all other being 1800w usually
I think it’s been discontinued I picked up locally for about 200 bucks, not sure if it’s an option anymore

Stoke Voltaic Kettle - As mentioned previously the stoke voltaic kettle is like a plug in jetboil
I use it to boil water for coffee or to make a bag meal. I wish they made a coffee plunger for it as it doesn’t fit with any of the other micro pot accessories I’ve seen
Would be nice to make a proper Java kit and not need my pour over or coffee press in addition to it

Instant Pot Duo 3 qt - sips energy useful for a bunch of options only gripe is if you can’t fry and egg in it because the walls are too high

Ninja SP101 - air fryer combo unit, never done any overlanding with it but it’s been flawless making muffins and chicken wings at parking lot events

I also used a nuwave and Duxtop single burner with good success but they got replaced when I found such a good deal on the dometic

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
When I was looking for commercial induction cooktops, I noticed that they sometimes carries 1800W and 1500W versions for US and Canada respectively. So, you can always check the Canadian market.

Sponsored

Rexbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I found this kettle pot on amazon. Usually bring it with me when i travel alone. ramen, coffee and some instant food. I do not want bring to many cookware. this just fit my need. it can make popcorn for fun as well. IT is 500W . electric jetboil thing

https://www.amazon.com/Voltaics-Electric-Portable-possible-Campsite/dp/B0BY8PB5HM/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2R9V8OCDE2P56&keywords=stoke+voltaics&qid=1704417715&sprefix=,aps,876&sr=8-1&th=1
6361704686079_.pic.jpg
hey, wanna see something REALLY cool? The Snow Peak 600 titanium mug nests perfectly inside.

Just the tip...
Rivian R1T R1S Electric Cooking options PXL_20240129_213419231

MONEY SHOT
Rivian R1T R1S Electric Cooking options PXL_20240129_213426549

angus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1
I have used/ currently use the following to great success in my rig:

DOMETIC Cl21 - what Rivian used in their camp kitchen, double burner, only double I’ve ever seen that limits itself to 1500w at max vs all other being 1800w usually
I think it’s been discontinued I picked up locally for about 200 bucks, not sure if it’s an option anymore

Stoke Voltaic Kettle - As mentioned previously the stoke voltaic kettle is like a plug in jetboil
I use it to boil water for coffee or to make a bag meal. I wish they made a coffee plunger for it as it doesn’t fit with any of the other micro pot accessories I’ve seen
Would be nice to make a proper Java kit and not need my pour over or coffee press in addition to it

Instant Pot Duo 3 qt - sips energy useful for a bunch of options only gripe is if you can’t fry and egg in it because the walls are too high

Ninja SP101 - air fryer combo unit, never done any overlanding with it but it’s been flawless making muffins and chicken wings at parking lot events

I also used a nuwave and Duxtop single burner with good success but they got replaced when I found such a good deal on the dometic
just preordered the cooking system from Stoke Voltaic. Seems like a cool gadget, who knows...lets see

Rivian R1T R1S Electric Cooking options Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 6.10.00 PM

Last edited:

Mcscoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T quad motor large battery
I use a dual element induction cooktop that maxes at 1800 watts combined for both elements. I've boiled a 2L kettle of water in ~4 minutes while sending all 1800 watts through one of the elements without tripping the truck's breaker. It's pretty awesome. I'm unsure if the inverter caps the wattage output and my perceived 1800w input is actually less, but either way it's able to be used without the truck complaining.

If one wanted to cook with both heating elements, the wattage used by each power setting is clearly noted in the cooktop manual, so you can just add up your consumption to 1500w if desired.

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Fisheries science
Just jumping into the cooktop options. I tested out a single burner Copper Chef induction burner this weekend and was a bit disappointed. From what I can tell I shouldn’t have had any issues:
COPPER CHEF M INDUCTION COOKTOP
120VAC 60Hz, 1300W
Model:KC16067-00300

It worked fine at home plugged into the truck, boiled water on high no issues, but when I used it at the camp site I could not get it past medium heat. Anything above 260 degrees and it would just beep. Not sure if something is wrong with the truck, the burner or something else…. Auto high beans stopped working on the trip and no reset has restored them yet.

Very happy with this little kettle though:
https://www.amazon.com/Nueve-Five-Gooseneck-Electric-Kettle/dp/B0BNVHR71X
Combined with an insulated stainless steel coffee press makes for nice hot coffee for 2 that stays hot a while!

Rivian R1T R1S Electric Cooking options IMG_7781

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I've used an electric kettle for my coffee press, an Instant Pot, slow cooker and recently a Duxtop 9600LS inductive cooktop. The cooktop is 1800W at it highest but it is adjustable. It worked at its highest setting (10) but I typically don't go above 1500W (setting 8.5) when I use it - even at home.

Rivian R1T R1S Electric Cooking options Rivian inductive cooktop 1 md
Sponsored