Sponsored

Early criticism? Vote

Should there have been a better front headlight design?

• Total voters

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Most cars look angry ? on the road. Their driver could be totally chilling listening to classical music but when you see their headlights in your rear view mirror, you go to war mode. Their design encourage road rage.
Top Secret U.S. Auto Industry Headlight Design Basic Training Program, circa 1965:

Sponsored

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
E.S.

Thanks for the heads up. I’m just about to start a new post entitled “Do We Need A New Poll?”

Not to worry, I pre-loaded you as a “NO!!!”.

That’s just what friends do!

I know you got my back :) Should pre-load me as -

"Fight the Power! Down with the establishment!! PANTSLESS NATION!!!!!!" ;)

Chadx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV
I moved from not liking the front end styling at all to being indifferent, but then lately, an ever so small back slide. So yeah, ambivalent (having mixed feelings or contradictory ideas about something) hits that on the head. Front end look is not my favorite but I can't really put my finger on why. But for me, appearance is weighted lower than other aspects of a vehicle. But I do I favor the looks of good functionality. Functionality is my number 1 category and most heavily weighted item and then it goes something like reliability, ease of maintenance (since I do all my own), and on down the line towards interior look/feel then exterior. That being said, I do like owning things that I think look great and for me the interior is a home run as is the rest of the exterior. As luck would have it, when I drive a vehicle, I'm typically inside of it and also typically do not drive following a mirror.

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
At first I liked the headlights a lot, being unusual as they are, but after looking them for a few years now, I’m getting tired of them. That being said, I still want the truck and will wait another year looking at them and getting even more tired of those lights. One thing I did was order the truck in Limestone. I think it slightly reduces the attention to those headlights. I bet the next generation will have modifications to tone them down a bit. My $0.02
I’m Limestone, too. Order #48,000 suggested delivery Oct-Dec. That means we’ll see an actual Limestone vehicle before long!

Sponsored

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
I like a lot about the truck. The headlights are a weak point as far as the exterior design. I'll probably wait until I get it, assuming I will. I've made a lot of custom car stuff. I'm sure if it's not me, someone in the aftermarket will make an aftermarket updated nose, with a modified headlight configuration.

The rest of the design is visually acceptable, They need a designer. It's kind of like when Hyundai snagged one of BMW's top designers, there was a big uptick in the aesthetics of their cars.

When the other companies come out with their eTruck versions, Rivian is kind of going to be the Checker Cab version of the trucks. That doesn't mean there weren't people that were fond of checker cabs, there were.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.
Sponsored

Last edited: