Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

After a couple months of ownership, I finally added my wife to the R1T and created a driver profile for her. Now, anytime her phone gets near the truck it just switches to her driver profile. She’s 5’4” and I’m 6’2” so the damn seat is basically trying to kill me at this point.

I get it, my truck likes my wife more than me. I’m currently seeking therapy to get past this but dammit, can it please not try to murder me?

Anyways, do any of you have ideas to mitigate this beyond removing my wife’s profile? IMO, Rivian should have a pop up on the screen when it detects another driver and ask if we want to change driver settings. At least that would keep me from being crushed by the damn thing.
Sponsored

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I’ve posted this in a few other threads so sorry if I’m beating a dead horse, but the only work around ive been able to come up with is just to sign her phone into my account and assign her phone to a key under my name. She still has a profile but the only assigned key is her key card and if we want to switch profiles we do it manually like in any other vehicle. I liked that way better than clicking my name literally every time we got in the truck because it would always switch to hers.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
How do you know it isn’t your wife trying to kill you?

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
I have the same problem, though not as often. It seems to only happen when I run into a place and she waits in the truck. There was an update a few months ago that was supposed to improve the detection of which phone was at the driver side, and it seemed to help a lot.

Sponsored

eemri

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 Polestar Engineered
Clubs

I, too, have this issue. I've tried quitting the app on her phone and it doesn't seem to solve it. I'd have her turn off bluetooth, but then she forgets to turn it back on.

Maybe I have to go the route of having her phone be signed in as me... sad to have to work around at all, but she doesn't drive the truck very much.

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

After a couple months of ownership, I finally added my wife to the R1T and created a driver profile for her. Now, anytime her phone gets near the truck it just switches to her driver profile. She’s 5’4” and I’m 6’2” so the damn seat is basically trying to kill me at this point.

I get it, my truck likes my wife more than me. I’m currently seeking therapy to get past this but dammit, can it please not try to murder me?

Anyways, do any of you have ideas to mitigate this beyond removing my wife’s profile? IMO, Rivian should have a pop up on the screen when it detects another driver and ask if we want to change driver settings. At least that would keep me from being crushed by the damn thing.
This sounds just like me. I told my wife not to put it on her phone because every time she would go to her car it would unlock/lock and so I gave her the fob. Then one day I came out and she was already in the passenger once I opened and sat down, I looked at her with a glare as the seat started sucking me in. She said she wanted it on her phone. 😂

BCan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Couldn’t you change the wifes seat profile? If/when she drives…just don’t select “remember” on her profile.

JoelD

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
idlethoughts.blog
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Rivian R1T LE (delivered 6/28/22)
Occupation
Retired
My wife (5’4”) usually kills the app on her iPhone unless she wants to drive. If it does recognize her, I (6’5”) just reach in and select my profile on the center display.

But this summer, there was the “Watermelon Incident”

we took the granddaughter to a local watermelon farm run by a friend. We selected melons, and when I put them in the R1T I didn’t notice that the seat had switched to my wife’s profile. When I got in…you can guess the rest! And of course I didn’t have the all weather floor mats then 😜.

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I have the same problem, though not as often. It seems to only happen when I run into a place and she waits in the truck. There was an update a few months ago that was supposed to improve the detection of which phone was at the driver side, and it seemed to help a lot.
Wouldn't pet mode help here?

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Time to trade one of them in? Decisions, decisions....

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Mine used to do this, but after one of the updates (I think the September update, but may have been August), it hasn't been a problem. I think it was specifically called out in the update. I just assumed it fixed everyone's issue, but maybe I was just lucky.
Sponsored