Sponsored

Door Handle Creaking when squeezing it to close or open the door

deathernater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T El Cap Granite FE Interior
Anyone notice their door handle making creaking noises when you are squeezing it to close or open the door. It does not seem the handle is loose just that the different pieces of trim are rubbing tightly and creaking against each other?

Feels unrefined wonder if there is any fix? I do not have much faith in the service center in my area at this point. They used random license plate screws (my state requires front license plates) which are too long and almost drilled into the body work past the front license plate mount.

Seems to creak on all my door handles except my driver's door which still there is a little but is the quietest.
Sponsored

Virgil T2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, CR, 22s, 2017 Model X, R1S preorder
Same on mine, makes it feel cheap. I sprayed various lubricants between the plastic and chrome joints, helped a little but not much. If I could find out how it comes apart I would stuff something in the gaps to make it less creaky

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
It's actually one spot I have thought on interior, how a better design might have existed thar wouldn't result in a grab point, feeling like it does.

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Mine now has some rubber trim/flashing sticking out of my drivers side inside door handle. It was getting harder to open for a while now. Guess that's why.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Anyone notice their door handle making creaking noises when you are squeezing it to close or open the door. It does not seem the handle is loose just that the different pieces of trim are rubbing tightly and creaking against each other?

Feels unrefined wonder if there is any fix? I do not have much faith in the service center in my area at this point. They used random license plate screws (my state requires front license plates) which are too long and almost drilled into the body work past the front license plate mount.

Seems to creak on all my door handles except my driver's door which still there is a little but is the quietest.
Having this same issue it’s really creaky on the drivers front door, all other doors seem fine. It does give a pretty awfully cheap feel to the door. Has anyone found a fix to this? Almost seems like it’s missing a latch or clip

Sponsored

OP
OP

deathernater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T El Cap Granite FE Interior
The SC made it a bit better for me but it's still there. They said that's the best they could do short of giving me another door interior assembly but there are other issues with getting a new door and there's no guarantee the new one won't creak and need the same fixing.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Figured I’d post this and see if others are experiencing this level of creakiness which I find disappointing for a brand new vehicle. I put in a service request for it, we’ll see if there’s a fix. Because it’s a common area I’m grabbing into to close the door it’s getting annoying. On the Munro tear down video it showed two screws holding down the grab handle assembly, I’m wondering if they’re loose or not present.

Virgil T2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine has always done the same thing, I lessened it by spraying a bunch of silicone lubricant in every crack I could find in the area, it’s way better, but still creeks

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Mine has always done the same thing, I lessened it by spraying a bunch of silicone lubricant in every crack I could find in the area, it’s way better, but still creeks
Any particular brand you recommend for the lubricant?

Sponsored

Virgil T2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I use these that I get from Lowe’s, it has a tube attachment that gives great control with a slight press of the nozzle, so it doesn’t spray everywhere

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
Rivian R1T R1S Door Handle Creaking when squeezing it to close or open the door 20230114_085529

CRC 3-36. It's at Depot in the electrical section.

TheHedgehog116

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Charger
I complained about the same issue in my driver side when I was at the SC and they had someone tighten the screws or connectors on the back side. It helped for the most part, but they said if it comes back there's nothing they can do because it's considered normal wear and tear. It's definitely not the answer I wanted to hear so if the creaking ever does come back I'll still complain and see what they will do.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

same. feels cheap/loose. wish they had gone cheap in a less accessed area but gonna be grabbing that thing every day, multiple times a day.
Sponsored