Sponsored

Does this pricing make sense?

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

Any idea when you will finally get your configuration, did you order in 2018?
If you want to go as far as possible why not get the 21"?
If I keep the R1S I sm going down a size to 275/60R20 AS for further reduced weight & boost to range.
I am still on the fence as to if the large +/~ (max) is worth the PPH cost for an additional 25 hwy/10-15 towing miles.
The standard + 21" actually gets more range than my 20" LP.
Kinda just waiting for leasing in my state so I can get that full 7500. There are options in the store I could pull the trigger on now if I didn't care about color. But as to your question on the 21's, I do 25k per year and three 21's get about 20k of life at $400+ per tire. Most 20" options are 40k mile tires at $200-250 per tire. I basically come out ahead after the first year.

And there are rumors the city efficiency is way better for max pack because of that inverter. So I'm slowly coming around to it. But the price is bitterly insulting, it always will be.
Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Kinda just waiting for leasing in my state so I can get that full 7500. There are options in the store I could pull the trigger on now if I didn't care about color. But as to your question on the 21's, I do 25k per year and three 21's get about 20k of life at $400+ per tire. Most 20" options are 40k mile tires at $200-250 per tire. I basically come out ahead after the first year.

And there are rumors the city efficiency is way better for max pack because of that inverter. So I'm slowly coming around to it. But the price is bitterly insulting, it always will be.
Off topic but o never understand the price is insulting. How is the cost of something insulting? Maybe just an exaggeration?

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor

I don't think the PPH applies to lease. I did hear something about lower life on 21" (partly less mm tread).

It is going to take a persons lifetime of city efficiency to pay for the $16usd up charge from standard+ to make MP worth it.
The only way the MP a reasonable value is with PPH & roadtrip/towing needs

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

Off topic but o never understand the price is insulting. How is the cost of something insulting? Maybe just an exaggeration?
$ per kWh is insulting. It's not even close to reasonable. Maybe if it was inline with the standard to+ or standard to large it would be better.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

For what? Max pack? Large? Standard? All?
Large to max.

Edit: i think standard to + is $300 per kWh, + to large is $600 per kWh, and large to max is $1000 per kWh.

Pack cost is generally around $100 per kWh.
Sponsored

Last edited: