Sponsored

Does This Mean My R1S Delivery is Close?

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Hey!
I received this letter today, addressed from my Guide and another from Rivian yesterday. Is this a generic email, or are things actually starting to happen for my R1S? Either way, I am good.

Hi ...,

One of the best parts of our work as Rivian Guides is helping you get ready for your new Electric Adventure Vehicle. We’ve been ramping up production at our manufacturing campus in Illinois, and we’re excited that your R1 is almost ready to go.

The next step before delivery is for you to complete the digital purchasing experience. Hosted within your Rivian Account, it includes everything you need to take ownership — from title and registration to financing, insurance, final payment and deciding where and when you’d like your R1 delivered.

We’ve designed the experience to be smooth, seamless and intuitive, and to make it easier we’ve made a checklist of the personal and vehicle information you’ll need for each step. Having the required information ready will help you complete the purchase process faster and ensure no delays to delivery.​

If you have any questions about the digital purchasing experience or how delivery works, please feel free to reach out directly — I’m always happy to help.

Thanks again for being part of the Rivian community, and we can’t wait to get you on the road.​
Sponsored

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
closer than me :)

No, I have not received those emails and yes I would assume you are getting close. I would run to the Rivian site and check out for any new links or banners.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
In Rivian-speak it means they have canceled your order and you are welcome to place another at your earliest convenience...

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Hey!
I received this letter today, addressed from my Guide and another from Rivian yesterday. Is this a generic email, or are things actually starting to happen for my R1S? Either way, I am good.

Hi ...,

One of the best parts of our work as Rivian Guides is helping you get ready for your new Electric Adventure Vehicle. We’ve been ramping up production at our manufacturing campus in Illinois, and we’re excited that your R1 is almost ready to go.

The next step before delivery is for you to complete the digital purchasing experience. Hosted within your Rivian Account, it includes everything you need to take ownership — from title and registration to financing, insurance, final payment and deciding where and when you’d like your R1 delivered.

We’ve designed the experience to be smooth, seamless and intuitive, and to make it easier we’ve made a checklist of the personal and vehicle information you’ll need for each step. Having the required information ready will help you complete the purchase process faster and ensure no delays to delivery.​

If you have any questions about the digital purchasing experience or how delivery works, please feel free to reach out directly — I’m always happy to help.

Thanks again for being part of the Rivian community, and we can’t wait to get you on the road.​
Congrats!

Curious when you ordered your R1S and what the configuration is?

I also agree you are close!

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Hey!

Hi ...,

Please post order date, config, location, former and current delivery windows, LE or not, etc. to resolve the many questions that'll pop up. Because yes, that sure sounds like you're ahead of most of us!

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Means you are close to this finally being a reality, how close you are to delivery depends on your spec and your location and proximity to a service center etc etc. But Sounds like good news.

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
It may mean "closer" but not necessarily "s00n".

OP
OP
Sully151

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Ok, So, I finally talked with my Guide. He was away for the weekend.

HE basically said, I am closer than I was before, but not as close as I kind of thought I might be. That is was a "General Email". Though it seems like a lot of people haven't received it and I got a similar one from Rivian yesterday. Who knows.

I have an August 2020 Launch Edition. Compass Yellow, Black Mountain, 20" wheels.

I am in Southern California, about 20 miles from the Costa Mesa Service Center.

I originally configured an R1T that was set for May/June 22 Delivery, which is why I have a Guide, but decided my life was better suited to the SUV. I never received a delivery window for the S.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser

HE basically said, I am closer than I was before, but not as close as I kind of thought I might be. That is was a "General Email". Though it seems like a lot of people haven't received it and I got a similar one from Rivian yesterday. Who knows.

I have an August 2020 Launch Edition. Compass Yellow, Black Mountain, 20" wheels.

I originally configured an R1T that was set for May/June 22 Delivery, which is why I have a Guide, but decided my life was better suited to the SUV. I never received a delivery window for the S.
You are in a good location for delivery so that should help keep you towards the front of the line but still have those early preorders ahead of you. Ultimately, as we found with the R1T, nobody knows. And the poor guides don't have any insight in to the rollout so they can't tell you much.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

Curious when you went from the R1T to R1S. I’m June ‘20 R1S, have not changed my LE R1S since I configured it the day the configurator opened in November of ‘20. I’m 6.9 miles from Costa Mesa service center with no guide. I’m wondering if you got the guide because of the R1T you had configured. My latest window went from June/July to October/December.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sully151

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Curious when you went from the R1T to R1S. I’m June ‘20 R1S, have not changed my LE R1S since I configured it the day the configurator opened in November of ‘20. I’m 6.9 miles from Costa Mesa service center with no guide. I’m wondering if you got the guide because of the R1T you had configured. My latest window went from June/July to October/December.
Yes. My Guide contacted me when I still had the May/June R1T. I told hi I was thinking about making the switch, so I wasn’t ready. I switched at the end of June. He said he was staying my Guide, but had no idea when my delivery would now be.

Teddy184

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Occupation
retired
Hey!

Hi ...,

Teddy184

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Occupation
retired
Hey!

Hi ...,

I received that letter a while ago. things progressed quickly from that point. I received the truck last Thursday. It's beautiful. Also ran into a guy from West Springfield MA yesterday. He's had his truck for a while 20,000 miles) and he's had one small problem with the charging door. I was happy to hear that.​

huskybrewing

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Clubs

For context, I received that email on May 24th, the request to confirm my configuration May 26th, guide contact also around May 26th, my eight steps opened on June 18th, and I took delivery June 30th. So you might be within five weeks of delivery?