First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
I haven't paid a lot of attention to the outside temp reading on the dash. I don't expect it to be very accurate. I think my Chevy Volt is pretty accurate, my Honda Ridgeline isn't. Yesterday I decided I should pay attention and find out how far off it is. I drove about 40 miles. It sat in the sun unmoving while I had some lunch. When I got in the car to return, the dash said 108 degrees. I checked my phone; it said the temp was 88 degrees. That's a big difference. When I started driving the temp went down, but never got anywhere near the actual temp. It was about 10 degrees high. I've always thought it would be tricky getting a temp reading in a car that isn't affected by the sun, but Rivian has really goofed up bad. The bottom of the mirror obviously isn't working. Really, the only time I need to know the outside temp is in freezing weather, so it isn't such a big deal, but 20 degrees off is ridiculous and stupid. Aren't there internal car functions that use the outside temp, like battery conditioning? Why bother reporting the temp at all? From what I am reading, this is a design flaw, not something that can be fixed. It's doubtful it can be fixed with software.
Sponsored

hawk4326

First Name
Cuong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Acura MDX
Occupation
Hard work
My Dm R1T shows high cabin temperature (97-105) while parked i. Garage, not charging, and in sleep mode. The high temperature read appears to be correct. I’ve traced the likely heat source to be behind the main display? Is this where the computer is? I’m not sure if this is considered “normal” . Leaving my window down a little until I get a response from rivian.