First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Management
I was at CES and spoke with Rivian about infotainment options. Im currently working at Disney+ with eyes set on devices that carry our product. I was surprised that Rivian never got back to me b/c Disney+ would be a great addition to their cabin.

Dunno...does anyone think that Disney+ should be part of the Rivian infotainment solution?
Sponsored

Sparty97

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Armada
Occupation
Technology Consultant
Kevlar. Like any video apps in a car, it is hard to appreciate the value without autonomous driving. With so many tablets/mobile devices available for rear passengers, not sure that this is a pressing need.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
I was at CES and spoke with Rivian about infotainment options. I'm currently working at Disney+......
Possibly more options would always be better, unless it adds to the cost of the vehicle, then I would vote no. But, if the cost for the option is subscription based, then there are folks that will subscribe.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I believe the infotainment system is Android-based IIRC, so it should be possible. If so, it just depends on how open Rivian allows it to be for specific apps.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Like any video apps in a car, it is hard to appreciate the value without autonomous driving.
It's not completely without value in the absence of fully autonomous driving. For some, it would give them something to do while charging on a road trip.

For me personally, not something I would be even remotely interested in.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
It's not completely without value in the absence of fully autonomous driving. For some, it would give them something to do while charging on a road trip.
With the current Tesla's there is barely time to waddle off to the WC, grab a bite and get back to the car before charging is over. The big battery Rivian will, with the current crop of CCS chargers, take appreciably longer to charge and the ability to watch a movie may be a plus if stuck at an older 50 kW CCS charger, But that's all supposed to change and eventually it will.

Some people spend the night in their Tesla's and, of course, Rivian is targeted at a market that is even more likely to do this, It seems to me that sitting in fancy seats and watching a movie on a camping trip rather defeats the purpose of the camping trip but that's me.

Where it might be useful would be if there were a screen in the back seat area that the kinder could use to watch movies while on the road but the Rivian does not, AFAIK, offer that. As for Disney in particular - no. I would not pay for it for sure nor would I watch it anywhere were it free,

Last edited:

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
Since I have ample access to media/apps with smartphone/Surface/Nook there is no reason I would want to have anything like Disney+ integrated in my new truck.

Reactions: J1T

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
Since I have ample access to media/apps with smartphone/Surface/Nook there is no reason I would want to have anything like Disney+ integrated in my new truck.
Agreed. I would much prefer for Rivian to allow display mirroring or something and just use my mobile device.

Sponsored

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Probably better off talking to Amazon. If somebody has first dibs on infotainment integration it would be them. But ditto on a preference for more general options like sling and Roku.

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
Probably better off talking to Amazon. If somebody has first dibs on infotainment integration it would be them. But ditto on a preference for more general options like sling and Roku.
Except Amazon will be saying "absolutely no games in our vans. They are work vehicles". They won't care what anyone else gets (unless it is Amazon Prime with Unlimited Music). Sure won't care about Disney+.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I was at CES and spoke with Rivian about infotainment options. Im currently working at Disney+ with eyes set on devices that carry our product. I was surprised that Rivian never got back to me b/c Disney+ would be a great addition to their cabin.

Dunno...does anyone think that Disney+ should be part of the Rivian infotainment solution?
Perhaps Rivian knew better?

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Unless you have to pay for it, why not? With two small kids it would come in handy on road trips, especially when navigating the busted EA network.
Exactly. Not sure what all the hate is here as more options are better.

I take kids 4 days a week to soccer practice and have to wait for 1.5hrs. I generally have one of the younger ones along and we often walk or kick around but when it is cold or rainy, we oftentimes kill some time in the car. The option to watch on that beautiful screen would be very welcomed.
Sponsored