Sponsored

[Delivery Day] - Where Will You Go First?

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Apologies if this thread has been done already...I'll gladly take it down, but I could not find one...

-------
Rivian R1T R1S [Delivery Day] - Where Will You Go First? 1621984318561

Let's take a breath and live in a magical future-state where all of this anxiety, confusion, and unknown is behind us (and we're hopefully all laughing really hard becuase it was indeed much-ado-about-nothing...)

So assuming everything goes well with all the things and you're picking up your Rivian of choice...probably going to feel like we just won the Superbowl and those in Driving distance could go to Disneyland...or those wanting to test out a Road Trip immediately...

So...yeah...there it is...where are you going first?

For us...

Guessing we'll have the dogs with us and go for a drive to Mount Rainier or something and back. It'll be Spring Time-ish 2022...so...there are fewer options than the warmer months. Maybe Leavenworth?

?
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
For us, probably home since its a good hour West of Austin ;-) where they will probably want to do the pick up from. That and the fact that we live on some nice twisty unpopulated roads ;-)

But we will be visiting family East in Texas quite a bit so hoping that CCS network continues to build out quick besides at Walmarts with EA.

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
I’m planning on picking up from the factory and taking a 3-4 day leisurely cruise back to Dallas. Other than that no big plans for a road trip.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Apologies if this thread has been done already...I'll gladly take it down, but I could not find one...

-------
1621984318561.png

Let's take a breath and live in a magical future-state where all of this anxiety, confusion, and unknown is behind us (and we're hopefully all laughing really hard becuase it was indeed much-ado-about-nothing...)

So assuming everything goes well with all the things and you're picking up your Rivian of choice...probably going to feel like we just won the Superbowl and those in Driving distance could go to Disneyland...or those wanting to test out a Road Trip immediately...

So...yeah...there it is...where are you going first?

For us...

Guessing we'll have the dogs with us and go for a drive to Mount Rainier or something and back. It'll be Spring Time-ish 2022...so...there are fewer options than the warmer months. Maybe Leavenworth?

?
Guessing I get mine in early spring of 2022 as well, so boarding at Crystal. Unless Rivian really lets me down.

Sponsored

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

first adventure will be packing my coolers/tents/booze to leave PDX and head to my favorite camping spot on Mt. Hood.

BuckeyeTruckGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper Clubman S All4; R1T Reservation
For me it’s going to be a trip to Ohio State University which is 200 miles from my house. Depending when I get my LE R1T here are the basic plans:
  • Delivery by mid-Aug: take my daughter back to school.
  • Delivery in the Fall: go to a Ohio State football game and tailgate with my spare tire compartment full of ice and beer. Better yet, maybe use the frunck to fit more beer and ice!!
  • Delivery by mid-Dec: pick up my daughter for the holidays.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Ride along the California coastline, then inland to the mountains and possibly all the way out to the high desert. Will bring along my Skydio 2 self-flying drone to take 4K action video of the R1T beauty shots at various stops along the way.

Sponsored

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
I live on the east coast, I have a LE on order which I hope to get before October, as I have a squadron reunion on the west coast. A 5000 mile road trip staying mostly in national parks along the way should be a good break-in. Should probably mention this to my wife sometime soon.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I live on the east coast, I have a LE on order which I hope to get before October, as I have a squadron reunion on the west coast. A 5000 mile road trip staying mostly in national parks along the way should be a good break-in. Should probably mention this to my wife sometime soon.
Did this last year as I was suppose to do it in the Rivian but ended up in a RV as it worked out pandemic wise. If you need any tips lmk! Logistics is key haha.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs