Sponsored

Delayed… again. Dec 2020 order date. Losing all faith and excitement for Rivian.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Exactly. I ordered very similar to what you did and ordered earlier than you did. Rivian never said anything about this until finally confirming this NC state nonsense in an email to me less that a month ago.

It really comes down to a policy of Rivian to not disclose this and leave me in the dark. For well over a year they keep information from me. I even told them I would pay to have my vehicle hauled for service but I never got any info.

Best option now is to flat out lie and give them an address that belongs to a friend. I sent a really crappy email reply yesterday to customer service but the bottom line is...they don't care because I am sure they will not make money on my sale.
It sucks and I'm sorry they did that. But I'm also not surprised they did it. They wanted as many preorders on the books as possible for their IPO to be successful. They are a business after all... I just wish they had a backup plan for people like yourself who were still willing to take the risk knowing it would be awhile before they are able to build a service center near you.

But it's also true that even now they are delivering trucks to people who are not anywhere near a service center, so it's inconsistent. I know of at least 2 people in states near CO who live 4+ hours from an SC who took delivery recently. I'm glad they got their trucks and I'm also glad Rivian relented and delivered those trucks. One difference with those, and this might be an idea for you as well - they both got shop access and picked a truck that way instead of waiting for their original orders which had no delivery estimate yet. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Bilbo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Contractor
It sucks and I'm sorry they did that. But I'm also not surprised they did it. They wanted as many preorders on the books as possible for their IPO to be successful. They are a business after all... I just wish they had a backup plan for people like yourself who were still willing to take the risk knowing it would be awhile before they are able to build a service center near you.

But it's also true that even now they are delivering trucks to people who are not anywhere near a service center, so it's inconsistent. I know of at least 2 people in states near CO who live 4+ hours from an SC who took delivery recently. I'm glad they got their trucks and I'm also glad Rivian relented and delivered those trucks. One difference with those, and this might be an idea for you as well - they both got shop access and picked a truck that way instead of waiting for their original orders which had no delivery estimate yet. 🤷‍♂️
That would be great to get shop access and I was even willing to go pick it up but no such luck

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
Lol where are you at, I am currently transitioning between depression and acceptance. Lol at least I am still locked in on price I'll just have a wait a bit longer even though my ford edge is a money pit and falling part.
Rivian R1T R1S Delayed… again. Dec 2020 order date. Losing all faith and excitement for Rivian. stages-of-grief-1024x1024

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
That would be great to get shop access and I was even willing to go pick it up but no such luck
Keep bugging them. One of the folks I was referring to was given access without ever asking and the other just kept politely asking his guide. Eventually I think they gave him access just to keep him quiet :CWL:

Bilbo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Contractor
Keep bugging them. One of the folks I was referring to was given access without ever asking and the other just kept politely asking his guide. Eventually I think they gave him access just to keep him quiet :CWL:
No guide for me...just customer service plebs :)

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

If those two service centers are already booked with scheduled/planned fullfillments of thousands of customers vehicles who ordered before you, what do you expect Rivian to do?

What this is really telling us is that as the year goes on, the factory can produce more than the SCs can deliver.
I agree with you that they maybe more SC constrained (in certain locales) than production constrained but this was foreseeable. I say that since they originally wanted to produce 50k last year and should have had the support for that. Even with the reduction it was 20k last year, let’s assume 50k this year and 80-100k next year. If it takes two years for an SC then they know what they are planning for each year and should be working on 2025 estimate for SCs now. That means back in 2021 when production started they should have been building out SCs to support 2023 volume. Having four planned SCs (and the one in DC is not open so really 3) is poor for Maine to Virginia.

ED05

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I am so pissed at Rivian right now... They are clustering service centers in FL and then leaving a gap in the panhandle.... They act like they have a plan but then cannot articulate it... You took my money so tell me when you can deliver a vehicle.... If you have no intent to deliver then just say so...
I understand completely. In the panhandle as well. Ordered Apr 21. Went from first half 22 to first half 23 to 2024 to now processing estimate. Contacted Rivian who won't say how close you need to be to an SC. Offered to pick up at Orlando or Atlanta SC. Frustrating since I park next to a R1T that was ordered 8 months after my order.
Sponsored