Sponsored

Delay in delivery

UNC6517

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Hi all. Just wanted to know the experience with delivery. I have reserved an R1S in January 2021. I was finally able to confirm and lock my order in September 2023. Since then, three delivery windows have come and gone with no sign of delivery anytime soon. The guide says they have no insight into when a VIN will be assigned, which seems to be ridiculous. Anyone have a similar experience?
Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
North Carolina still prohibits direct sales of vehicles to consumers, right? And forbids service centers for Rivian because they don't have dealerships?

I believe Charlotte is more than 200 miles away from the nearest service center, which means you're in one of the dead zones where Rivian isn't currently delivering. You can always change your address to someplace where they are delivering, and likely you'll be able to get your vehicle immediately. But don't do that unless you're willing to drive >400 miles round trip each time you need service.

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Without a VIN you will never get a delivery date. They need that to do registration, insurance etc etc
Sponsored