Definitive best R1S all weather mats?

sphereobject

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Occupation
Troll
Is there anyone who has "been through them all" who can say "these are the best mats?"

I need some that I can hose the kid puke/smashed chicken nuggets/melted M&Ms/crusty smelly milk off and shake dry and throw back in the truck immediately. Anything that absorbs any water is off the list.

Thank you!
Sponsored

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

In your situation, I would visqueen the entire interior of the truck.

Realistically, almost all of the “All Weather” brands have very similar coverage in the first and second row you’re mostly gonna be shopping for texture and feel. The second row may have some additional doors sill protection or the foot well liners for the driver and passenger may go further up into the front part of the foot well but those are your main differences.

It’s behind the third row that is really different between so many of the brands -

Personally I have LinerX as that is what was available last year.

OP
OP

sphereobject

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Occupation
Troll
In your situation, I would visqueen the entire interior of the truck.

Realistically, almost all of the “All Weather” brands have very similar coverage in the first and second row you’re mostly gonna be shopping for texture and feel. The second row may have some additional doors sill protection or the foot well liners for the driver and passenger may go further up into the front part of the foot well but those are your main differences.

It’s behind the third row that is really different between so many of the brands -

Personally I have LinerX as that is what was available last year.
You hit the nail on the head. I need mats that overlap the door sill and maximum coverage for the gum and mud slathered all over my kids.

You like the linerX? I've seen some videos and the fitment doesn't seem great.

Tuxmat looks great for coverage, but it looks like they are fabric of some kind and I need some kind of impervious rubber.

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

the fitment of mine are great - and the coverage is fine for me, wife, two teenagers and dogs.

I know there are some more generic mats available on Amazon now for less; so that’s an option to look at as well. Those cheap Amazon mats were great in my MachE. I have WeatherTech in my Volvo C40 and they aren’t worth the price premium anymore, in my opinion. (Not that the LinerX were super cheap, LOL)
Rivian R1T R1S Definitive best R1S all weather mats? IMG_0248
Rivian R1T R1S Definitive best R1S all weather mats? IMG_0245
Rivian R1T R1S Definitive best R1S all weather mats? IMG_0866

DevonD

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning - waiting on R1T
Tuxmat are not fabric. They’re rubber. I’ve had them in 4 different vehicles. Also owned a few sets of weathertechs and I won’t go back. Tuxmats have been by far the best I’ve owned.

Sponsored

akc5247

First Name
AKC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Subaru Ascent Touring, 2024 R1S dual motor
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Tuxmats, and I have two kids under three. No issues in both my vehicles with it.

carcrazydoc

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 991.2 GTS, 2018 E63s wagon, 2016 Cayenne GTS
Occupation
emergency physician
I have only had weathertech in our vehicles for the last 15-20 years and keep going back to them. I've like them but cannot say how they are in comparison to other manufacturers. If interested, have a full set for a R1S for sale on the other Rivian forum (ROF) at 1/2 original price. Good luck in your search.

Sean / carcrazydoc

OP
OP

sphereobject

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Occupation
Troll
Tuxmats, and I have two kids under three. No issues in both my vehicles with it.
Thanks for the feedback.

Do the Tuxmats hold liquid? I need something I can hose off and shake off to dry and throw right back in the car.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback.

Do the Tuxmats hold liquid? I need something I can hose off and shake off to dry and throw right back in the car.
You can shake it off after wash, leave it out in the sun to dry in few minutes or just towel dry.

Does not retain water. Its synthetic rubber back with textured facing so it will not stay wet.

As a side note, there are bibs that has a trough to catch falling items that you can put on kids :). I never let my kids eat in any of the vehicles....

Sponsored

OP
OP

sphereobject

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Occupation
Troll
You can shake it off after wash, leave it out in the sun to dry in few minutes or just towel dry.

Does not retain water. Its synthetic rubber back with textured facing so it will not stay wet.

As a side note, there are bibs that has a trough to catch falling items that you can put on kids :). I never let my kids eat in any of the vehicles....
My R1S lives in a large garage with no sun, and there is no change to ever leave anything in the sun. This is why I need mats like weathertech that are rubber/plastic so they can shake dry. I just don't like the minimal coverage of the weathertechs.

OP
OP

sphereobject

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Occupation
Troll

Based on your comment that they don't absorb water, and this video of the Tuxmat in the R1S:

...I am ordering a set right now.

I spend so much time in the cars with kids, if we did not eat in the cars my kids would starve or never have time to sleep.

akc5247

First Name
AKC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Subaru Ascent Touring, 2024 R1S dual motor
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback.

no issues with that, absolutely. They clean very well with a simple water wash and wipe.

OP
OP

sphereobject

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Occupation
Troll
no issues with that, absolutely. They clean very well with a simple water wash and wipe.
Just ordered the TuxMats. $309.77 for the 3 rows, not including the back. Not cheap!

Lrak1973

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005/6 Toyota Highlander Hybrid; Forest Green R1S
Occupation
Attorney
the fitment of mine are great - and the coverage is fine for me, wife, two teenagers and dogs.

I know there are some more generic mats available on Amazon now for less; so that’s an option to look at as well. Those cheap Amazon mats were great in my MachE. I have WeatherTech in my Volvo C40 and they aren’t worth the price premium anymore, in my opinion. (Not that the LinerX were super cheap, LOL)
IMG_0248.jpeg
IMG_0245.jpeg
IMG_0866.jpeg
Polar, what do you have on the back of the third row and the backs of the second row? I could not find that in the LinerX options on line. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored