Riviandog

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
My only *must have* feature is Apple CarPlay. I don't even touch the iDrive system on my current car. It just loads up CarPlay wirelessly when I start, and I don't ever leave it. Waze, Google Maps, etc, but also better voice integration and most importantly better Apple Music integration. I am not switching to Spotify, and having bluetooth as the only option is a big step backwards. Preferably Rivian would implement it wirelessly as well, but even if wired is the only option it really needs to be there.

Nice-to-haves would be massaging front seats and a heads-up display (use both all the time), ventilated rear seats, more granular seat controls (thigh support, bolsters, headrests), rear-seat sunshades (power preferred), frunk-grille cut-out (F-150 Lightning style), power rear-glass (Tundra/4Runner style), and removable top (which is allegedly coming).

Also, I wouldn't mind an actual glovebox. Still haven't really seen an explanation for why that's missing...
Summarizing the requests in buckets of must haves, luxury options
Sponsored

martymande

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
All manufacturers... actually all companies including their competitors have or should have their eyes on user forums to gauge interest of their prospective and/or current customers. It gives them trending analysis visibility on concerns and features that impact future sales.

With that said, as a Rivian community, it might be interesting to collect features that would be good to voice to Rivian for future iterations.

If you'd like, please feel free to drop a post with interesting and desired features, software related or hardware requests. We can add polls and geographic analytics to better communicate the future of R1T enhancements.

martymande

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
All manufacturers... actually all companies including their competitors have or should have their eyes on user forums to gauge interest of their prospective and/or current customers. It gives them trending analysis visibility on concerns and features that impact future sales.

With that said, as a Rivian community, it might be interesting to collect features that would be good to voice to Rivian for future iterations.

If you'd like, please feel free to drop a post with interesting and desired features, software related or hardware requests. We can add polls and geographic analytics to better communicate the future of R1T enhancements.

I would like to get the tow hooks as an option without having to get the skid plates (I don't need the extra weight or expense of the plates but do need the tow hooks).

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Please give us control over the front and rear charging status bars, charge port light and puddle lights.

One of the greatest things about camping is the absence of any light not required. I don't want to be "that guy" at the campsite, or in my carport for that matter, adding un-necessary light pollution to the environment.

The lights are welcome and useful, but control over auto on/off as well as perhaps dimming of each would be most welcome.

I'm quite surprised that no one has mentioned this so far, at least as far as I know. Not the Motor Trend testers who camped. Or any other "reviewers". Not even any customers with deposits.

I'm hopeful that I've missed some info and that Rivian has this covered and the Rivian owners can be counted on to "Tread Lightly".

I sent a note to CS and received a response that they would reach out to the relevant teams and get back to me when something was known.

Sponsored

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
None of these are deal breakers, but...

400lb weight rated gear tunnel doors

Larger steering wheel (thicker and larger diameter)

Buttons on back side of steering wheel for (like FCA)

Mix and match wood and interior colors not paired wood/interior themes

Camera fed rear view mirror

360° camera that shows a rendering of the vehicle with multiple viewing angles

See through hood/bonnet (like JLR)

Heads up display (seriously!)

Power tailgate, with 180° articulation (like the OG design)

Glove box ?

Floating center console option to still allow access to BT speaker (with or without, let the customer choose)

Last edited:

87Ducks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T,
Satellite radio. It is astounding to me this is not available, much less a standard feature, unless Rivian is waiting for Amazon to purchase SXM or start their own service. When I asked via the website chat, Rivian said they went with Spotify instead. Is that really a competing service? How does that help if I am in an area with no cell coverage (e.g. mountain lakes) and want to listen to a ball game?

I don't know if this has been addressed, but is there a drain on the Frunk similar to the in bed trunk on the Ridgeline? It would have to go through the skateboard battery pack so not sure that is possible or not.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
After watching latest video on trans America trail, I'd like to have something similar to New Bronco with turn assist, locking via braking rear inner wheel for tight turns.
Don’t even need to do that, just speed up the outer wheel’s motor a little bit. And even reverse the inboard one slightly.

OP
OP
Riviandog

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
None of these are deal breakers, but...

400lb weight rated gear tunnel doors

Larger steering wheel (thicker and larger diameter)

Buttons on back side of steering wheel for (like FCA)

Mix and match wood and interior colors not paired wood/interior themes

Camera fed rear view mirror

360° camera that shows a rendering of the vehicle with multiple viewing angles

See through hood/bonnet (like JLR)

Heads up display (seriously!)

Power tailgate, with 180° articulation (like the OG design)

Glove box ?

Floating center console option to still allow access to BT speaker (with or without, let the customer choose)
Satellite radio. It is astounding to me this is not available, much less a standard feature, unless Rivian is waiting for Amazon to purchase SXM or start their own service. When I asked via the website chat, Rivian said they went with Spotify instead. Is that really a competing service? How does that help if I am in an area with no cell coverage (e.g. mountain lakes) and want to listen to a ball game?

I don't know if this has been addressed, but is there a drain on the Frunk similar to the in bed trunk on the Ridgeline? It would have to go through the skateboard battery pack so not sure that is possible or not.
XMRadio and Carplay going to be top of list request to Rivian

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Front should open like the ford electric truck makes it easier to load and use as ice box or area for tools etc.
I think it'd be cool if the front grill remained separate from the hood, but was hinged like a forward tailgate... Let me open the hood and keep all my stuff contained... or push a button and it drops for a nice work surface or lower load-floor.

The presence or absence of such a feature does nothing to encourage or prevent my purchase, however. It's just a "that'd be cool" thought.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Is anyone at Rivian getting that message?
They're getting them. You may not like what they're doing with them, however.

Rivian R1T R1S Dear Rivian...R1T WISHLIST BELOW 1634070644143

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Don’t even need to do that, just speed up the outer wheel’s motor a little bit. And even reverse the inboard one slightly.
Would need to stop the inboard wheel before reversing it, though.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
There is a lot of infrastructure bill money coming to subsidize new stations but they have to be compatible with multiple vendors. Tesla selling an adapter to claim some of that money is an easy trade. The supercharger network is also only a few years out from being a strategy tax instead of a differentiator; they need to pivot before that happens.
Tesla selling an adaptor would be great and I would pay more than $500 for it. Most of the long routes I drive now have V3 stations close together.

Bbernardo

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 Tacoma / 08 H3
I'd like to see active tire pressure management. Being able to air down on a trail from the cab if I need a bigger contact patch and air back up automagically.

I can finally toss out those annoying air pressure bleeders.

Oh yeah where's the winch details!?
Sponsored

Last edited: