Sponsored

CyberTruck is more than Stainless Steel...Tesla excels at Engineering in so many ways.

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Keep in mind this is only ONCE you get the invite to configure and is applied toward your purchase so it is not an *extra* $1000.

That will not happen for months/years for many that did the $100 'reservation'.
That's my whole point - after shouting about "1,000,000 strong DEMAND!!!" for 4 years, they are now finding that demand is so squishy they have to try something else to see how many people ACTUALLY want the thing. Vaporware.
Sponsored

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Past Ford Exped; curr TMX 100D; future BEV truck
Occupation
sw engineer

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

I'm confused by your usage of that word because they are delivering them.

To be clear I'm a Rivan fan (size, CEO, etc) but I think the Cybertruck will outsell the Rivian R1T.
The question is how long will it take? Will that be your definition of success?

Rivian R1T sales from https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/rivian-r1t-sales-figures/

bvjSdEr.jpg
Ah, my apologies. I see I was misusing Vaporware. I'm specifically talking about demand as being MUCH less than advertised. (I commonly see vaporware used as nearly anything that was greatly hyped by not delivered.)

I expect R1T will be surpassed, probably somewhere toward the end of 2025. I'd also not be surprised if the Rivian production ramp grows just as fast and they remain ahead. Rivian is around 35k at this point which I expect will equal a year's head start.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
You know what, based on my quick trip down the appliance aisle at home depot yesterday evening, I expect to see a lot more videos of this being demonstrated by non-stainless steel vehicles sometime soon.
Surely everyone knows that refrigerator is (likely) on wheels, right? I haven't seen a view where I could confirm that. But I know ours is, and at 48" wide, it can be moved relatively easily by a single person.

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
sw engineer
I expect R1T will be surpassed, probably somewhere toward the end of 2025. I'd also not be surprised if the Rivian production ramp grows just as fast and they remain ahead. Rivian is around 35k at this point which I expect will equal a year's head start.
Thanks. Is there a better place to find the current Rivian R1T sales than GCBC? I looked for Oct and Nov 2023 but could not find them.

Rivian R1T R1S CyberTruck is more than Stainless Steel...Tesla excels at Engineering in so many ways. ZOG0jsd

Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Ah, my apologies. I see I was misusing Vaporware. I'm specifically talking about demand as being MUCH less than advertised. (I commonly see vaporware used as nearly anything that was greatly hyped by not delivered.)

you make a good point. I also wonder how the market compares the CT and the R1t now but in a few years there will be more ETs and the comparison will be more similar to ICE trucks where it's based on specific segments and qualities rather than just it being electric.

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
sw engineer
I've been looking but cannot find Rivian R1T/R1S US/Canada parts content. It is not in the NHTSA gov site like all other vehicles. Seems really strange. Anyone have any clues?

Here are the Class 2 pickup truck's with the most US/Canada parts content:
• Tesla Cybertruck: 65%
• Dodge Ram 1500: 61%
• Toyota Tundra: 55%
• Nisaan Titan: 45%
• GMC Sierra: 37%
• Ford F-150 (gas version): 32%
• Chevy Silverado: 31%
• Ford F-150 Lightning: 24%

NHTSA data for 2024 and earlier:
https://www.nhtsa.gov/part-583-american-automobile-labeling-act-reports

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
sw engineer
Thanks. Is there a better place to find the current Rivian R1T sales than GCBC? I looked for Oct and Nov 2023 but could not find them.

ZOG0jsd.jpg
The 4th quarter was filled in so here are the 2023 annual sales:

Rivian R1T R1S CyberTruck is more than Stainless Steel...Tesla excels at Engineering in so many ways. tcWCLSE

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
sw engineer
As for the Cybertruck, they started delivering non-employee trucks today.

The production rate is unknown.
Tesla is slowly registering VINs at the normal gov site as they are slowly ramping up.

NOT my chart. CT forum.
Rivian R1T R1S CyberTruck is more than Stainless Steel...Tesla excels at Engineering in so many ways. CVQgTjx

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

Sponsored

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
sw engineer
Love that guy. I'm 100% good with calling BS when there are hard physics and facts to back it up!

On the one above Tesla copied what another car review did. I can't find it tho! (looking)
Found it:

Motor Trend Channel strapped a trailer carrying an Alfa Romeo 4C to a Model X and raced it against another Alfa Romeo.

He did a great one on Ford pulling the train too!

He did a great one on on the Tesla Cybertruck in a tug-of-war with the F150

Last edited:

KootenayEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Environmental Engineer

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
sw engineer
No kidding, that gap is horrendous. Blows my mind that they let that past QC!
Obviously, things could get overlooked but there is a chance things pop out after leaving the factor. ie. they were close but not quite all the pushed-in for the clips to catch ... then a ride on a trailer on some of our bumpy highway or load/unload jolts ... made it pop back out.

Odd to me that one example can be extrapolated :) Surely there are never problems with any Rivians that leave the factory <grin>.
Sponsored