Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
It’s $149 on Lectron website, $10 cheaper than Amazon. If you use LectronWelcome5 it knocks another 5% off. I just bought one.
Thanks, ordered one also!
Sponsored

OP
OP
User433

User433

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Yukon Denali
Some physically lock and some don't. How worried should I be about theft? I learned that all Tesla destination chargers are free so I guess I don't have to worry about paying for someone else's electricity if they unplug me.

Grandizer52

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RIVIAN, 12 Azure Transit Connect, 2018 ENV200
Occupation
Engineering TECH
I have 2 of the Lectron adapter, you can get a J-1772 plug to tesla adapter with no cable, but having the extra cable length is nice, and doubles as nunchaku in the event you run into an ICE-HOLE. has little holes in the handle on the car side to use a pad lock.

Last edited:

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
I have 2 of the Lectron adapter, you can get a J-1772 plug to tesla adapter with no cable, but having the extra cable length is nice, and doubles as nunchaku in the event you run into an ICE-HOLE. has little holes in the handle on the car side to use a pad lock.
I had a longer cable adapter that had padlock holes on both ends but unfortunately the short adapter only has one. I have considered drilling my own hole on the other end though, just in case.

OP
OP
User433

User433

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Yukon Denali
Anybody have any pictures of how the locks work?

Sponsored

No.92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Just curious, are you folks who need these adapters also Tesla owners that have access to Tesla superchargers?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Just curious, are you folks who need these adapters also Tesla owners that have access to Tesla superchargers?
The adapters don't work for supercharging.

rogunenode

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
As noted above, they don't work for superchargers, just with Tesla's destination chargers. There are a number of hotels I've stayed at that have Tesla destination chargers, so charging overnight when at hotels with them is one use case. I have a Tesla home charger, so getting the adapter allows me to use it, so saving some money swapping for another charger, while also having the bonus of being able to charge the Rivian at any Tesla destination chargers.

Last edited:

No.92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
As noted above, they don't work for superchargers, just with Tesla's destination chargers. There are a number of hotels I've stayed at that have Tesla destination chargers, so charging overnight when at hotels with them is one use case. I have a Tesla home charger, so getting the adapter allows me to save use it, so saving some money swapping for another charger, while also having the bonus of being able to charge the Rivian at any Tesla destination chargers.
Are these Tesla destination chargers free for other EVs? Are they just plug in and charge or do you need a Tesla app/account?

Grandizer52

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering TECH
Anybody have any pictures of how the locks work?
if you have ever used a level 2 public charger, you've probably seen the holes but didn't think anything of it, its on the black handle part
Rivian R1T R1S Consensus on Tesla adapter? 1651257665069

Sponsored

Grandizer52

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering TECH
I had a longer cable adapter that had padlock holes on both ends but unfortunately the short adapter only has one. I have considered drilling my own hole on the other end though, just in case.
Just hang a picture of chuck norris, no one that values their life will ever touch it

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I just received my 80-amp TeslaTap Mini Adapter. Going with the 80 over the 60 might seem like overkill, but I think it might future-proof things a bit. Also, I'd rather have something over-engineered, so as not to be the controllable weak link somewhere down the road.

This will make the trek through the mountains and Salmon River area of Central Idaho a little less likely to pucker my sphincter. 😵💫

Rivian R1T R1S Consensus on Tesla adapter? 20220503_192915

OP
OP
User433

User433

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Yukon Denali
Wow, it's crazy tiny. Is there any way to lock it?

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

2 questions:

1). does this allow you to attache to a supercharger?
2). If you have unlimited supercharging with your tesla, it will not allow your rivian to use same account right? I am assuming that is based on the car communicating with the charger.

Best

Adam
Sponsored