Configurator Strategy?

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I ordered a LE just to keep my options open. You can change away from it later with no downside, but it appears that trying to switch to it later may be an issue. Makes it easy for them to say "We were right! 89% (or whatever) configured with the 300 mile battery."
Sponsored

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
I don't think Rivian is trying to jerk us around. For whatever reasons, and there could be many, the largest battery pack promised, the 180 kWh, is not available in 2021. So, two courses of action.

Configure for the largest battery pack and get in the 2022 line or configure for the 135 kWh pack and get in the 2021 line. If the latter, your reservation can be reconfigured (as often as you like) or cancelled this week without harm or cost.

There's no use in trying to fault why Rivian is doing it this way, but I doubt it's so they can say, "we were right. Most folks want the 300 mi battery".

OP
OP
Pixelshot

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Opposite strategy for me. I hit save on a launch edition for now to hold an earlier place in line. I can always change to 400 at a later date if I decided it's worth it.
That's what I did. I'm also supposed to have a 2nd pre-order to config but haven't received the email yet! I was thinking to configure one of each (LE and 180) and see what happens, although I only plan on buying one of them.
Sponsored

Last edited: