Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Proof that they have at least built one!

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Happy to finally see a R1S. Rivian Blue looks amazing.

Sponsored

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Hopefully they will release some pics of the inside...Many of us are still curious about how the seats will fold. But at a first glance it looks very nice!
I honestly think they have purposely not released interior photos because the interior is still in flux and may change as they test the vehicles in the wild. This seems to have some validity since someone on here mentioned recently that they were asked specifically not to take interior photos of an R1T seen in the wild. It is maddening....

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I honestly think they have purposely not released interior photos because the interior is still in flux and may change as they test the vehicles in the wild. This seems to have some validity since someone on here mentioned recently that they were asked specifically not to take interior photos of an R1T seen in the wild. It is maddening....
I believe that issue was more one of pre-production build quality than the design subject to change.

Separately, when I spoke to CS by phone on 1/22, they indicated we should start getting more peeks at the R1S cargo area and 2nd/3rd row seating once they have built some vehicles to take pictures/videos of and indicated that production of those vehicles had started. Sure enough, just a few days later RJ was posting a pic of this blue R1S on the line.

Hopefully they will start releasing some interior pics very soon now but I really wish they would put together a video walk through showing off all the interior features.

Sponsored

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
I believe that issue was more one of pre-production build quality than the design subject to change.

Separately, when I spoke to CS by phone on 1/22, they indicated we should start getting more peeks at the R1S cargo area and 2nd/3rd row seating once they have built some vehicles to take pictures/videos of and indicated that production of those vehicles had started. Sure enough, just a few days later RJ was posting a pic of this blue R1S on the line.

Hopefully they will start releasing some interior pics very soon now but I really wish they would put together a video walk through showing off all the interior features.
Interesting. I was pinging them for all sorts of info and didn't get much substance. On seats, they said 3 degrees (which site says now and folks noted here) and that they were trying to get pics of the seats up 'really soon'. They didn't mention production. I think I called before you did in this last go round . . . .

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
It seems like the big update we all want (photo and video tour inside and out of both vehicles) may finally be in the works with pre-production R1Ses coming off the line. I suspect they've been holding off on that content with the R1T in order to publish for both vehicles at the same time.

I wonder exactly how soon "soon" is...

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
It seems like the big update we all want (photo and video tour inside and out of both vehicles) may finally be in the works with pre-production R1Ses coming off the line. I suspect they've been holding off on that content with the R1T in order to publish for both vehicles at the same time.

I hope you're right!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

"Right around the corner"
Sponsored