COMPASS YELLOW R1T Photos

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
Except yellow 😞 Just stock footage for CY. I was hoping for the same video treatment RC got.
Sponsored

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340, Tesla M3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

Hi all! Not sure if anyone else was having this dilemma, but I couldn’t for the life of me decide whether to officially go with Limestone or CY (I’ve seen every other color in person except for these two). I was finally able to see both in person and I’m officially going with CY!!
Here are some side by side pics if anyone else is deciding between these two. Did my best to capture their true colors. No filters.

Rivian R1T R1S COMPASS YELLOW R1T Photos 9A284AD1-0F7C-4488-BFCB-956F34C5A34A

Rivian R1T R1S COMPASS YELLOW R1T Photos E56BB4AB-F040-4E74-AD6C-DFB83C2DC7DE

Rivian R1T R1S COMPASS YELLOW R1T Photos B086A73C-D6F8-4538-8996-BD099B6AD331

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi all! Not sure if anyone else was having this dilemma, but I couldn’t for the life of me decide whether to officially go with Limestone or CY (I’ve seen every other color in person except for these two). I was finally able to see both in person and I’m officially going with CY!!
Here are some side by side pics if anyone else is deciding between these two. Did my best to capture their true colors. No filters.
Great pics! I know CY is metallic, but how does it compare with Limestone or perhaps FG?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Great pics! I know CY is metallic, but how does it compare with Limestone or perhaps FG?
Yellow has got Some pearl effect going on. I drove a yellow one and would strongly consider it of the WAF was higher, and I was comfortable with having such a big vehicle in so conspicuous a colour. I’ve only seen limestone in sample form, it was only very very slightly metallic.

FG is exactly what it says on the can. A nice, dark, metallic forest green.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yellow has got Some pearl effect going on. I drove a yellow one and would strongly consider it of the WAF was higher, and I was comfortable with having such a big vehicle in so conspicuous a colour. I’ve only seen limestone in sample form, it was only very very slightly metallic.

FG is exactly what it says on the can. A nice, dark, metallic forest green.
"WAF" took me a minute... 😆. And "Yellow has got some pearl effect going on" is exactly what I'm hoping for:like:

Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

1 year away and counting…🥺

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
@ Denver RSC this AM.

4A4C54F7-3531-402F-A465-2E3F01EBC7E1.jpeg
That’s my config (looks like black mountain interior). So at least they seem to be making them. No idea when I’ll get my 8 steps, but I’m happy to finally see some CY deliveries.

Sponsored

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
My 8 steps just opened for my Compass Yellow R1T!! Hopefully I'll be sharing a ton of pics very soon!

Edit: Also, my VIN is 40xx, so they've been holding onto it for a bit. Hopefully I don't experience too many known issues 😜

Rivian R1T R1S COMPASS YELLOW R1T Photos Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 13.53.56

Last edited:

ksujeff99

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
My 8 steps just opened for my Compass Yellow R1T!! Hopefully I'll be sharing a ton of pics very soon!

Edit: Also, my VIN is 40xx, so they've been holding onto it for a bit. Hopefully I don't experience too many known issues 😜
For once I can actually cheer for the person getting their VIN/8 steps as OverZealous has an earlier preorder date. Since there have not been any CY deliveries yet, I’ve been able to rationalize the later preorder holders getting their trucks. Now that CY deliveries are starting, I expect I’ll get my guide contact any day now*.

*No, I don’t believe that. I fully expect to get an email stating that all future CY deliveries are pushed to 2023.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So the new video description makes a bit concerned over CY. I was hoping for a more pronounced metallic, and not sure about the orange tone @Pixelshot mentions. I went from sold on it before to wondering if it's really more like Ford's Cyber Orange. 🤷‍♂️

We need someone with a cyber orange Ford or a legit yellow Mazda/corvette/s2000 to drive over there, park next to that truck, and post some pics…stat! 😁

Last edited:

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition