Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328i xDrive Sport Wagon
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

Anyone have more details on what this means? Far as I can tell, the only compass yellow accent is the brakes in the tires, which isn't interior.
I'm not a huge fan of the compass yellow accent, so will these accents be an option for the launch edition, or something we have to deal with?
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Anyone have more details on what this means? Far as I can tell, the only compass yellow accent is the brakes in the tires, which isn't interior.
I'm not a huge fan of the compass yellow accent, so will these accents be an option for the launch edition, or something we have to deal with?
Likely brake calipers & side of badging on the exterior. Only interior that I've seen is seatbelt stripe.

Rivian R1T R1S Compass Yellow Interior Accents IMG_20200109_144610_01
Rivian R1T R1S Compass Yellow Interior Accents FB_IMG_1569682311369

Fenwayfan77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX
I may be wrong, but I think the center of the steering wheel has a yellow Rivian marker on the LE.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I may be wrong, but I think the center of the steering wheel has a yellow Rivian marker on the LE.
I think that's all of them actually

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
By the door there was also something yellow.

Sponsored

Dr. Byrd

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2001 Mustang GT convertible
Occupation
Professor, consultant, farmer
In some photos of the prototypes/pre-production vehicles, you can see a yellow clip on the door. It looks like a buckle on a strap over the door pocket. Regardless if that and the above is what they’re referring to, I would expect that the interior accents will be fairly subtle. E.g., the dash badge says “Normal, IL” in several of the new photos with a yellow highlight - in earlier shots it said “Launch Edition.” That may or may not be the extent of the special LE badging.

OP
OP

mpbaker2

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328i xDrive Sport Wagon
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

Asked a member of the support team about this today, and this was the response:

"We unfortunately don't have images to share of [the Compass yellow interior accents] just yet but from what I understand, they clearly denote "Launch Edition" and are located at various points throughout the interior....It's more or less just a cool detail to denote that you're one of our earlier supporters"

They expect to have images of this available before purchase (I would hope), but not available now.

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
Going back to the earlier threads with pics from the Mill Valley event, there are some ”Launch Edition“ badges in various places—the backs of the front seats, the side pockets, and just above the “Rivian” on the front passenger dashboard.

Maybe these carry through to production, though you can’t really see them on the images from the recent website update or configurator.

Mill Valley Pics

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Going back to the earlier threads with pics from the Mill Valley event, there are some ”Launch Edition“ badges in various places—the backs of the front seats, the side pockets, and just above the “Rivian” on the front passenger dashboard.

Maybe these carry through to production, though you can’t really see them on the images from the recent website update or configurator.

Mill Valley Pics
Look at those dark 20s on the blue R1T

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt

Mill Valley Pics
I hope the panoramic roof glass is actually that dark.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Looking at the photos from the configurator it looks like the grab handles on the black interior are yellow on the inside.

Looking at the photos above i really hope those yellow seat belts show up.

Rivian R1T R1S Compass Yellow Interior Accents 1605719626522

Last edited:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking at the photos from the configurator it looks like the grab handles on the black interior are yellow on the inside. Looking at the photos above i really hope those yellow seat belts show up.

1605719626522.png
Wow, good eye!

MadMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Tesla Model 3
This is a pretty good walk around of R1T and S (and, yes, the video is by a kid) from back in February. At various points, you see launch edition and yellow accents ...also see the third row fold nearly flat on R1S (5:25 mark).
Sponsored