Sponsored

Colorado Checking In

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
Selected one from the shop last week after switching from an R1S reservation.

Launch Green, Forest Edge interior, 20" black A/T wheels

VIN is 95XX

Last update from my guide is my truck is prepped and waiting for transport in Normal. I'm hoping to take delivery over the next couple of weeks.
Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

VIN is 95XX

Last update from my guide is my truck is prepped and waiting for transport in Normal. I'm hoping to take delivery over the next couple of weeks.
That's a sweet combo I'd take in a heartbeat if I could!

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE

VIN is 95XX

I really wish they would just open the shop for me. I have no idea what the problem is, but I feel like every step of the way I have been forgotten. I just want to at least have the option to pick up a truck if one aligns with what I want (which I am flexible on). It seems like with my pre-order date, that would be something they could do, but I continue to just wait. (I have bugged my guide and CS multiple times about getting the shop opened for me; I am always told they will put in a "ticket")

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I really wish they would just open the shop for me. I have no idea what the problem is, but I feel like every step of the way I have been forgotten. I just want to at least have the option to pick up a truck if one aligns with what I want (which I am flexible on). It seems like with my pre-order date, that would be something they could do, but I continue to just wait. (I have bugged my guide and CS multiple times about getting the shop opened for me; I am always told they will put in a "ticket")
I don't know if it will help, but I selected the 21" wheels and told my guide I was flexible on configurations in the shop if that meant taking delivery sooner. I was granted access that evening.

Really strange you don't have access.

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
Jeez, I thought I felt ignored, but you reserved a full year ahead of me and look to have a pretty simple config too. I don't know how you handle it, my situation is making me a little nuts. I keep wondering if there is some setting buried somewhere that says "don't give this guy a truck." Kind of a secret black mark.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I got my VIN. 98XX.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Awesome! One more out of the line. C'mon R1S delivery ...

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Randomly ran into a guy in my neighborhood last night with a Black R1T Adventure. Said he took delivery about 7 weeks ago. It is nice seeing more of them around.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Just heard from my Guide that my truck has been built and is being shipped to Denver now.
Things are moving soo dang fast..

Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Just heard from my Guide that my truck has been built and is being shipped to Denver now.
I am really happy for you. Are you going to do delivery at home or the service center?

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
I'm happy for you getting chosen, but even more confused about why I haven't been. Up until yesterday I had the same config as you except color. I reserved 8 months earlier and had my first drive in May. Since then, nothing except having my delivery window moved from Jul-Sep to Oct/Nov. Unless being chosen in actually random, I am at a loss as to how to get picked.
Did you contact CS frequently? Is there anything you can think of that might have helped you get picked now?
Thanks - and I hope you love your R1T.

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I'm happy for you getting chosen, but even more confused about why I haven't been. Up until yesterday I had the same config as you except color. I reserved 8 months earlier and had my first drive in May. Since then, nothing except having my delivery window moved from Jul-Sep to Oct/Nov. Unless being chosen in actually random, I am at a loss as to how to get picked.
Did you contact CS frequently? Is there anything you can think of that might have helped you get picked now?
Your sig says ocean coast, is that still true? OC was officially delayed to the fall.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I believe I was asked to confirm my configuration and granted shop access because I had a basic configuration originally (LE Green, BM interior, 21" wheels, no spare, no armor). One this was locked, I asked my guide for shop access and said I was flexible. I received access that evening and ended up with a better configuration.

I think you could try selecting a basic configuration to see if your order locks and you get shop access. The risk is your order locks and you don't get shop access, or there aren't any good options in the shop.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

If you still have an Ocean Coast interior, I can almost guarantee you that's the hold up. But to answer your other question, I've contacted CS three times total. I only did so to ask questions about purchase and options. Of course I'm always extremely friendly to them. I was also extremely friendly to Annie and the Denver service center.

Below is my config. I've only changed it a handful of times since ordering. The biggest changes are the exterior color where I went from Forest Green to Rivian Blue. I also removed my all weather floor mats to get the price under $80K, just in case. I figure I can always get those later.
Sponsored