Sponsored

Colorado Checking In

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Hey Colorado folks! Just thought I would check in to see if anyone has had any progress over the past week or so. Still no 8 steps for me, but I am hopeful I am getting close. I just thought I would see if they are still pumping out trucks through the Denver SC, as it has been a bit quiet.
Sponsored

TAZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
No 8 steps nor delivery here. It seems they're waiting for transport but who knows.

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
I had my vehicleId assigned today (8wks after initial guide contact) but no 8-steps yet.

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
Patient Rivian Pre-Order Holder
I've driven by the Denver SC a handful of times, never seen that many trucks on the lot - so that's encouraging. Disappointing not to see an R1S yet (which is what I'm waiting for), but just yesterday my Guide said that the first R1S deliveries are slated for end of May/early June.

To those early 2019 preorders - I have to think you'll have ur R1T very soon, unless you have OC in your configuration.

Sponsored

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
I've driven by the Denver SC a handful of times, never seen that many trucks on the lot - so that's encouraging. Disappointing not to see an R1S yet (which is what I'm waiting for), but just yesterday my Guide said that the first R1S deliveries are slated for end of May/early June.

To those early 2019 preorders - I have to think you'll have ur R1T very soon, unless you have OC in your configuration.
Looks like you and I are pretty close all around on order timing, Guide assignment, PBA, etc. So here's to hoping you are right and we are both close to getting our trucks!

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
My 8-steps opened this morning. Step 8 delivery is locked but I just got an email from someone at the Denver service center saying my truck is there and is being prepped for pre-delivery inspection.

I went from no progress in 8wks from initial guide contact, to changing my spec 2 days ago, to hey your truck is here!

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
My 8-steps opened this morning. Step 8 delivery is locked but I just got an email from someone at the Denver service center saying my truck is there and is being prepped for pre-delivery inspection.

I went from no progress in 8wks from initial guide contact, to changing my spec 2 days ago, to hey your truck is here!
That's awesome! Did you have much contact with your guide to push things along, or did this just all happen out of the blue? With now being a few weeks past my window, and seemingly no progress moving forward, I am just trying to figure out if I can crack to code for being next in line.

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
@KnightNole07 i had been stuck with no progress for 8wks after switching from OC to BM. Decided to call the guide to switch to FE then things took off really fast from there.

SurlyBurris

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2001 Land Rover Disco II, R1T
After a couple of hiccups over the last few days. Truck sent to the wrong SC, bad math skills on the accessory taxes after I'd already completed step7 :facepalm: I'm told it's here in Denver and have a confirmed delivery for Monday the 23rd. No complaints about my guide. She has been communicative and responsive since our first discussion.

I guess it's a good weekend to clean the garage and get it ready with winter making another appearance.

Sponsored

CUBldr97

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TESLA MS85 RIVIAN reservation holder
Looks like you and I are pretty close all around on order timing, Guide assignment, PBA, etc. So here's to hoping you are right and we are both close to getting our trucks!
I'm a May 2019 reservation for an R1S... no contact yet of any kind... CS chat yesterday still says I'm a May June delivery, which I doubt... they said the updated email on delivery window should be out soon, then said I will probably hear from my guide before that email comes out... but then said " we hope to get you in your R1S sometime this year" I was like WTF? I sure hope this year, as T's are going to folks who made reservations in the last year...

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
I'm a May 2019 reservation for an R1S... no contact yet of any kind... CS chat yesterday still says I'm a May June delivery, which I doubt... they said the updated email on delivery window should be out soon, then said I will probably hear from my guide before that email comes out... but then said " we hope to get you in your R1S sometime this year" I was like WTF? I sure hope this year, as T's are going to folks who made reservations in the last year...
Yikes! Hopefully CS is just confused on that point. I was originally an R1S LE pre-order holder, but changed over a year ago to R1T. I keep thinking that might be what got me stuck in this loop of nothingness, but I have also seen others that made the same change get their trucks, so 🤷‍♂️.

Phrogz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
phrogz.net
Vehicles
'66 Ford Jeep, '01 SLK 32AMG, '10 Wrangler, '19 Q7
Occupation
Autonomous Driving Software
Any of you got your new truck with vanity plates? I've never purchased vanity plates before, and the Colorado DMV information I'm finding is not clear to me. (My Google-fu is failing me.) Can I—or do I need to—purchase the vanity plate before the truck? Or do I just take delivery with temp tags and perform all that work after I have a truck in hand?

Feb '21 preorder for R1T; got a "Get Ready for the Purchase Process" email two weeks ago, but have not yet heard from any Guide.

Last edited:

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Any of you got your new truck with vanity plates? I've never purchased vanity plates before, and the Colorado DMV information I'm finding is not clear to me. (My Google-fu is failing me.) Can I—or do I need to—purchase the vanity plate before the truck? Or do I just take delivery with temp tags and perform all that work after I have a truck in hand?

Feb '21 preorder for R1T, got a "Get Ready for the Purchase Process" email two weeks ago, but have not yet heard from any Guide.
With my Tesla X, I took the paperwork from Tesla to the CO DMV and submitted the application for the vanity plate. I used their website in advance to make sure the plate I wanted was not already taken.
They issued me a generic plate, and contacted me when the vanity plates arrived. I went back to the DMV to pick up the vanity plates and change the registration.

SurlyBurris

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2001 Land Rover Disco II, R1T
Picked up my truck at the SC Monday night. Been super busy, so not much time to play yet other than a quick drive up Deer Creek last night where 3 people stopped and chatted about how happy they are to see one in the wild. Very happy it fits in the garage....barely. No issues or complaints other than a minor hood fitment issue which I'm sure can be adjusted. Well....maybe one complaint....
Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In IMG_20220525_081315

I need the 15.0 update to turn off the green monster that now lives in the garage.
Sponsored