Colorado Checking In

JKDU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Professor
Just decided to randomly check my Rivian account and got invited to a First Mile demo drive for R1S. They had a new little calendar icon on my account page which invited me for a test drive.

For those who got invited to a test drive recently, did you get your new R1S/T shortly thereafter? Trying not to read too much into this invite so I don't get my hopes up for an earlier delivery (1st half of 2023 is what I received). I also have only contacted CS probably 2 or 3 times since my reservation so it wasn't like I was asking for this demo...other than signing up for a test drive on their website a long time ago. Regardless I'm looking forward to actually driving an R1S next week! Also forgot to change my signature back to OC interior now that they are back to making them.
Sponsored

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
Just decided to randomly check my Rivian account and got invited to a First Mile demo drive for R1S. They had a new little calendar icon on my account page which invited me for a test drive.

For those who got invited to a test drive recently, did you get your new R1S/T shortly thereafter? Trying not to read too much into this invite so I don't get my hopes up for an earlier delivery (1st half of 2023 is what I received). I also have only contacted CS probably 2 or 3 times since my reservation so it wasn't like I was asking for this demo...other than signing up for a test drive on their website a long time ago. Regardless I'm looking forward to actually driving an R1S next week! Also forgot to change my signature back to OC interior now that they are back to making them.
Test drives are completely unrelated to delivery or anything else.

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
I have always heard that test drives and delivery are completely unrelated so, it would only be coincidence that I finally got a test drive on 17 Sep (and it was awesome - thanks again Annie!), then invited to the Shop on 26 Sep and had an R1T in my driveway on 30 Sep. Draw your own conclusions...but a very happy coincidence for me.

Also, not directly related, but I will say that EVERY person I've dealt with at the Denver SC has been fantastic! Annie for the test drive, Mary for delivery of truck and accessories, Dustin for actual handoff and several others at the SC who were patient while I trolled the lot and asked questions. Great folks that make me like Rivian all the more.

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

They are not related at all. Many people here got their trucks without ever getting a drive at all. Others got a drive early and are still waiting. Some people got 2 drives. I ordered in 12/21, got a drive invite in 4/22 and went back to waiting impatiently….

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
Out of curiosity, why did you sell? Specifically, did you have an issue with the truck or just decided it wasn't for you? (Not trying to get in your business...just wondering if there was problem that I might encounter)
Too many problems that the service center didn't really seem able to fix adequately. I also didn't like having a truck that I couldn't actually drive to a good chunk of the US reliably. Plus it was worth more than when I bought it for. Holding out hope for service and technology improvements though I think I like the lightning more.

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Too many problems that the service center didn't really seem able to fix adequately. I also didn't like having a truck that I couldn't actually drive to a good chunk of the US reliably. Plus it was worth more than when I bought it for. Holding out hope for service and technology improvements though I think I like the lightning more.
By reliably do you mean the reliability of the Rivian or the charging network? If it's the network then the Lightning will have the same issues and even more so in that the Rivian can use the RAN.

backfist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Last week, two days after delivery, I received a dash warning about "Service Suspension Soon." This was rectified via a software update later that day.
Today, while driving on I70, I received a motor failure warning and the truck began to drastically slow itself down. Luckily, I was in the right lane.
I managed to limp it off the highway and stopped briefly at a red light. Trying to accelerate to get off the ramp I had almost zero power and was a large danger to the other rapidly exiting vehicles.
Fully pressing the accelerator barely got me across and I pulled off the roadway.
At this point I was in limp mode and limited to a maximum speed of 42MPH and on the opposite side of town.
A call to Rivian connected quickly and with their guidance I was able to do a hard reset.
This powered the truck back up.
Needless to say, the last week with the truck has been an eye opener. I am very hesitant to get back on the highway as both issues have occurred after a short highway drive.
Anyone else run into either or both of these issues?
I realize that the car is going to have some teething issues. However, weekly ones aren't building my confidence.
Love the truck for the most part as it is head and and shoulders nicer than my former Tesla.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3

Sponsored

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

Has anyone been by the Denver SC this week? Any R1S’s on site? Wanted to surprise my son and take him by this afternoon if one was there to look at.

JKDU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Professor
Has anyone been by the Denver SC this week? Any R1S’s on site? Wanted to surprise my son and take him by this afternoon if one was there to look at.
I haven't been there in a while but I did get an invite to do a first mile demo drive on an R1S. I am scheduled to do my drive next Saturday. You might give them a call and see.

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

I haven't been there in a while but I did get an invite to do a first mile demo drive on an R1S. I am scheduled to do my drive next Saturday. You might give them a call and see.
I have called and done chats with CS and have consistently been told to wait my turn, in a very nice way of course.

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Rivian opened up a few First Mile Drives in Denver. Anybody going? I have mine set up for 10/27, but hoping I cancel due to getting a truck before then (a complete pipe dream I know. I won't have a new delivery date till end of this month it seems).

But it will be fun to get a nice walk through and drive about town.

I want to compare the one pedal driving compared to my Bolt (now sold). I loved the one pedal driving on the Bolt when set to L.

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Too late for your message, but there were two R1S in the parking lot on Tuesday for anyone else looking to stop by. Also one in the back.
Sponsored