First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Anyone going to Cars and Coffee tomorrow? I'm planning to be there from 6:30am to 8am. Forcast says rain isn't supposed to start up until 3pm. Of course that is subject to change.
I might swing by for a little while. We have to be at Waneka Lake for an event around 8:00am

Oh, and apparently my R1S is now Reddit-famous -
Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I might swing by for a little while. We have to be at Waneka Lake for an event around 8:00am

Oh, and apparently my R1S is now Reddit-famous -
That's hillarious!

BigginsCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T | El Cap Grey | 20" AT
I got plates today, just over 3 weeks from delivery day which is pretty impressive turn around. I am curious about this included letter. Am I required to display this "EV Decal" it mentions? If not, I don't really want to make a special trip to the DMV if I don't have to.

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In rn_image_picker_lib_temp_7f294605-575d-4a92-bd29-6b7447c22957

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I got plates today, just over 3 weeks from delivery day which is pretty impressive turn around. I am curious about this included letter. Am I required to display this "EV Decal" it mentions? If not, I don't really want to make a special trip to the DMV if I don't have to.

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_7f294605-575d-4a92-bd29-6b7447c22957.jpg
I believe this is referring to the EV sticker that would indicate you are approved to park at/ use public chargers in CO. There is also a bill that just passed that will give free plates to EV drivers that do the same thing.
https://driveelectriccolorado.org/ev-license-plate-bill/

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
Hey guys! It arrived!!! Dustin delivered it to my door and it is everything I hoped it would be. It is a blast to drive but I'm still learning all the nuances. I love the looks of the 22" dark sport wheels and they ride great. We'll see how they do in the snow...if not great, I'll be looking for 20"s.

Thanks to all you guys for answering questions and sharing info. Invaluable when learning about the new ride...
Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In Trailer Delivery 1
Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In Trailer Delivery 2

Last edited:

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Hey guys! It arrived!!! Dustin delivered it to my door and it is everything I hoped it would be. It is a blast to drive but I'm still learning all the nuances. I love the looks of the 22" dark sport wheels and they ride great. We'll see how they do in the snow...if not great, I'll be looking for 20"s.

Thanks to all you guys for the info, answering questions and sharing info. Invaluable when learning about the new ride...
Trailer Delivery 1.jpg
Trailer Delivery 2.jpg
Sharp combo! Enjoy every minute with it!

BigginsCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have any United Power (northern Colorado) customers figured out the optimal rate structure to opt into for at home charging to optimize charging cost vs time of day usage? I'm not sure how to model the flat rate vs time of day vs peak usage options.

Attachments

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Have any United Power (northern Colorado) customers figured out the optimal rate structure to opt into for at home charging to optimize charging cost vs time of day usage? I'm not sure how to model the flat rate vs time of day vs peak usage options.
Part of the problem, IMO, is that theese DEMAND rates are not well defined here. Also, I don’t see any way to determine when Demand billing is in effect.

I’ve got R1 billing and I usually only pay about $20 or less for Demand. I’ve got a lot more usage at the 0.0995 rate. Some of the other rates might save me money if I had a better definition and determination of when Demand is in effect.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Yesterday’s Cars and Coffee was fun. Three R1Ts, a Ford Lightning, Mini EV, i3, Leaf, and Teslas galore. Fun times. The Lightning owner and I had a ton of questions from passersby. So much interest from people that really don’t know about these trucks. Many were amazed to know the R1T can do well over 300 miles in Conserve mode.

The crowds got to be a bit much for my son. Of course the Gear Tunnel was the perfect refuge for him.
Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In E0FED039-49C8-4F3C-8F4E-3592B9E091F5

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In B2156637-D836-4CF9-9381-27BB00366924

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Yesterday’s Cars and Coffee was fun. Three R1Ts, a Ford Lightning, Mini EV, i3, Leaf, and Teslas galore. Fun times. The Lightning owner and I had a ton of questions from passersby. So much interest from people that really don’t know about these trucks. Many were amazed to know the R1T can do well over 300 miles in Conserve mode.

The crowds got to be a bit much for my son. Of course the Gear Tunnel was the perfect refuge for him.
My R1S will be there next time. We had a conflict with a fundraiser for my daughters school, else I would have been there. Looks like a good time.

Sponsored

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
Patient Rivian Pre-Order Holder
My R1S will be there next time. We had a conflict with a fundraiser for my daughters school, else I would have been there. Looks like a good time.
When is the next one? I’ll be there as well.

CUBldr97

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TESLA MS85 RIVIAN reservation holder
Any R1S reservation holders get the config email Saturday at midnight? I sure as hell did not, it is so damn frustrating to see folks with a year and a half later reservation getting the configuration lock emails..such BS

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_7f294605-575d-4a92-bd29-6b7447c22957.jpg
Make sure your registration properly shows that it's electric. When I bought my MINI the temp tag showed electric, but the final paperwork showed gas and I only noticed because I questioned why I didn't get the EV sticker for the windshield. In my case, I had to pay for a VIN inspection to prove it was electric before the paperwork was fixed. As noted above, you're supposed to display the decal as proof you're able to be at a public charger, but I can't say I've ever seen anyone checking and I've seen plenty of EVs that aren't displaying it.

BigginsCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Make sure your registration properly shows that it's electric. When I bought my MINI the temp tag showed electric, but the final paperwork showed gas and I only noticed because I questioned why I didn't get the EV sticker for the windshield. In my case, I had to pay for a VIN inspection to prove it was electric before the paperwork was fixed. As noted above, you're supposed to display the decal as proof you're able to be at a public charger, but I can't say I've ever seen anyone checking and I've seen plenty of EVs that aren't displaying it.
Thanks for the heads up, I double checked and confirmed my registration shows "Fuel Type: Electric"

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder), XC90 Recharge, 65 Riviera GS
Occupation
Gnome Figurine Day Trader
Clubs

Hi Colorado Rivian friends, I am trying to figure out all the incentives available to me for going electric, including federal and state incentives for the vehicle purchase as well as local/utility incentives for EV charger and wiring upgrades for at home charging installation.

I noticed a few folks in this thread from the Erie area, has anybody compiled the incentives expected for a new Rivian plus charger installation I might be able to pursue ? I have struggled a bit to find comprehensive information with out having more questions generated than answered. Thanks!
Check with the Town of Erie too. We’ve been in discussions with them for a few months to put a public charger behind our business downtown when they finally do the downtown infrastructure next year. They are attempting to be very electric friendly.. we’ll see how it goes, but they want to push for it!
Sponsored