Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

The infamous "s00000000000000000000n". But, seriously, I'm going out of town for Christmas. I'm going to be pissed if it happens while I'm not here.
No, he said VERY VERY soooooooooooooooon.
So probably sometime in 2023.
Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
I'm hoping when Rivian will announce dates along with their other info on the 16th. Hopefully we should start getting more info from them as the quiet period ends.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Drove by this morning on our way to coffee. A couple of employee cars (non-Rivian) outside in the lot and two R1Ts inside the center in service bays.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Do the people at the Rivian shop have a problem with non-employees parking there an snooping at parked R1T’s? Asking for a friend.

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Do the people at the Rivian shop have a problem with non-employees parking there an snooping at parked R1T’s? Asking for a friend.
Been there a few times and haven't had anyone complain that I was looking at the trucks. Tried to go yesterday to see the transporter with the LG truck but it had left West on I-70 already.

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Been there a few times and haven't had anyone complain that I was looking at the trucks. Tried to go yesterday to see the transporter with the LG truck but it had left West on I-70 already.
Same. I’ve spent a decent amount of time poking around the trucks in the lot and nobody has seemed to care.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I was hoping to make it out there today. I took the day off to take my wife out for shopping and lunch. Unfortunately we ran a bit long and had to get home before our son got back from school. Maybe I can get out there on Friday.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I was hoping to make it out there today. I took the day off to take my wife out for shopping and lunch. Unfortunately we ran a bit long and had to get home before our son got back from school. Maybe I can get out there on Friday.
Just the El cap and white trucks out today. And there actually was a security guard posted in the parking lot today. Guess they got tired of all of us coming by

Evan S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T Adventure Trim, Quad Motor, BM/Ash, 20"
Clubs

According to the Q3 stakeholder letter Rivian is already holding First Drives in Denver. Has anyone received an invite yet?

Sponsored

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
According to the Q3 stakeholder letter Rivian is already holding First Drives in Denver. Has anyone received an invite yet?
just chatted w/ CS and either they have no clue or the shareholder letter is BS

Bonz26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
just chatted w/ CS and either they have no clue or the shareholder letter is BS
Just reading the shareholder letter now, and the context is past tense:

"...we have hosted drives in New York Metro, Seattle, and Denver." Hosted??

A well made point on this forum is that not every pre-order holder or Rivian enthusiast is going to be a member of this forum, but I figured somebody here would have made mention of an at home test drive if they were done at large.

I live less that a few miles from the service center and wasn't selected for a drive if they did indeed already occur.

Have to think they wouldn't blatantly put false information in a shareholder letter, but wouldn't be the first time they've mixed messages.

Here's to hoping they meant Denver is upcoming...s00n.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Is it possible that Rivian is considering the that blogger test drive event in Keystone as a First Drive? It's not Denver but perhaps they considered it to be close enough.

Anyways, I personally think it was just an error. Similar to the Instagram posting they took down when announcing new First Drive events. I also think that this, and the activity at the Denver service center, is an indicator that a first drive event is coming soon. Perhaps we'll be hearing something before Christmas.. ho ho ho.. ???

Jemmoore

First Name
Jem
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Mini Clubman
Occupation
Pilot
Clubs

D'ya think they'll notify everybody in CO when a Denver event is imminent? I'm up in the mountains but would definitely make the trip if I knew about it.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Is it possible that Rivian is considering the that blogger test drive event in Keystone as a First Drive? It's not Denver but perhaps they considered it to be close enough.

Anyways, I personally think it was just an error. Similar to the Instagram posting they took down when announcing new First Drive events. I also think that this, and the activity at the Denver service center, is an indicator that a first drive event is coming soon. Perhaps we'll be hearing something before Christmas.. ho ho ho.. ???
I think that's exactly it, the media off-road test drive event.
Sponsored