First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sold 9/08/22 - 15 Ford F-150 Platinum FX4 off-road
Occupation
Project Manager
How’s everyone’s R1 this cold December day? Just took mine out for a drive and it wasn’t happy. Proximity sensors offline, air suspension offline, no cruise control. Otherwise did fine and will probably be fine after it sleeps or I’ll do a reset. But no issues when I parked in driveway yesterday night…. Charged it up to 100% last night in case we had any power issues today. I usually charge to 70%. Will check it out after it sleeps and try reset afterwards if issue still persists. Oh and I’m on 47.0.

Rivian R1T R1S Cold Texas Rivian 4A897234-497A-4BA9-8903-12E8A2B03C68
Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

How’s everyone’s R1 this cold December day? Just took mine out for a drive and it wasn’t happy. Proximity sensors offline, air suspension offline, no cruise control. Otherwise did fine and will probably be fine after it sleeps or I’ll do a reset. But no issues when I parked in driveway yesterday night…. Charged it up to 100% last night in case we had any power issues today. I usually charge to 70%. Will check it out after it sleeps and try reset afterwards if issue still persists. Oh and I’m on 47.0.

4A897234-497A-4BA9-8903-12E8A2B03C68.jpeg
A mobile tech who came out and worked on my truck suggested that when the truck is coming out of sleep, occasionally you'll get a lot of those faults if you put your foot on the brake or into drive too quickly while the computers are waking up. I'm sure it's exacerbated by colder temps as well.

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
What’s your definition of cold?

My truck is parked at the airport where given temps of average 46 high 19 low it was losing 2-5% per day charge. But the bomb cyclone that’s just hit where temps hit a low of -24 it’s now losing 15% per day! Just hoping there’s going to be something left by the time I get home lol.

OP
OP
Flexnet

Flexnet

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
@kurtlikevonnegut thanks for the info. I’ve seen a few one off errors before. Pretty sure it will correct itself. @boardthatpowder I was referring to our temp drop today. It was still plugged in all day so not sure of drain. I’ll see how mine holds up tonight. About to go check it again and reset if needed. I’ll get a screenshot of levels to see what I lose overnight in the cold. I hope you have something left when you get back.

OP
OP
Flexnet

Flexnet

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Well after sleep, soft, and hard reset, no change. Guess I’ll call service tomorrow. Something is up. No proximity warnings, no cross traffic alerts, no air suspension (stuck at lowest stiff), no cruise, auto high beams not working, and it cautions me that my driveway is now too steep for the parking brake.

Rivian R1T R1S Cold Texas Rivian 6B253868-8218-4DAF-8702-37DF75A37C17

Sponsored

OP
OP
Flexnet

Flexnet

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Well the truck is back to normal. I called service yesterday and while I was waiting for them to review diagnostics and call back, I tried the air compressor in the bed just to see if it worked. It turned on fine. Got back in the truck and air suspension decided to work. Support called me back and asked if I could put the truck in my garage to warm up. I said no and told them about the suspension working again. They confirmed they had done nothing other than look at diagnostics report and asked that I go test drive. About a minute into my test drive the errors for no proximity sensors cleared and all is back to normal. She said some trucks have exhibited issues in the cold which is why she asked if I could park in the garage to warm the truck up. That’s a little concerning if it’s true.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
What’s your definition of cold?

My truck is parked at the airport where given temps of average 46 high 19 low it was losing 2-5% per day charge. But the bomb cyclone that’s just hit where temps hit a low of -24 it’s now losing 15% per day! Just hoping there’s going to be something left by the time I get home lol.
15% yikes thats totally unacceptable. I have to admit I don’t love all these issues the truck is having in cold weather given its an “adventure vehicle.” I totally expect a range hit (my Tesla M3 drops significantly in the cold like all EVs) but these other issues are a bit more concerning.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Well after sleep, soft, and hard reset, no change. Guess I’ll call service tomorrow. Something is up. No proximity warnings, no cross traffic alerts, no air suspension (stuck at lowest stiff), no cruise, auto high beams not working, and it cautions me that my driveway is now too steep for the parking brake.

6B253868-8218-4DAF-8702-37DF75A37C17.jpeg
I had exact same symptoms yesterday in 5F temps. Mine corrected itself while running errands and now is working fine. We will see if it is a lingering problem or cold anomaly. I’m also curious if this has anything to do with recent software update.

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
15% yikes thats totally unacceptable
Now the bomb cyclone has passed and back to 49 high 9 low weather im losing 1% per day while parked at the airport.

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
Update on my SoC while still parked at the airport… after Thursday’s -24 temps my truck was left with 55% charge after a drop of 15%. But since Thursday (it’s now Sunday) it has slowly been increasing each day. Truck is now at 61% and not plugged in! If those figures are right that means the -24 temps plus an additional couple of days ended up netting just 9% loss. Looks like the extreme cold weather affects the measurement and was not all down to vampire drain trying to keep the batteries warm.
Sponsored