First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Nissan Pathfinder
Occupation
Designer
After the last update, it is now working but I find it very odd that it turns on about 1 hour before it is scheduled. It seems excessive.

Does anyone else have it turn on about an hour ahead of schedule?

Thanks for reading.
Peace
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I have had mine set at 8am most weekdays, but since the update I noticed the same thing, that is starts earlier and says it's "preparing" for 8am. Although it wasn't showing me what time it started before the update so it might have been doing that all along and we just didn't know. It was warm and ready when I got in between 8-8:15 so I didn't question it much. 🤷‍♂️

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

Yes. And this is just my experience, BUT, I think it also quits once it's met the pre-conditioning criteria. For example, today it started early, but was done well before I went to leave, and I definitely noticed the truck wasn't 'on' when I left, but the cabin was toasty and the battery was warmed up too.

SO, it was, objectively, READY for the time I had it set to...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model Y
I’ve since turned mine off. I also notice the climate will REMAIN ON if you don’t turn it off manually. I have my schedule set at 7:30am departure on weekdays but this past Monday, I was off due to Presidents’ Day. I was home all morning and did not use the car until 4pm when I needed to run some errands. When I got in the car, I noticed the fan was running and the cabin, the heated seat and the steering wheel are very warm. So the car has been running for 9 hours. I know in a Tesla, if you skip a scheduled departure, the precondition would turn itself off after 20 minutes or so.
Sponsored