Sponsored

Choosing colors without seeing in person?

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
R1S order, but I am still slightly confused how people are choosing colors without actually seeing the vehicles. As an R1S buyer I guess I might get some more time to see the cars in person, but how are early R1T buyers thinking about this? Comfortable buying a color just via a render?

For ~$80K+ said and done, happy to fly somewhere and make it a vacation to finally pick a color. Others thoughts on this? Being in CA, likely my flight won't be far, but others might be...

Looking forward to launch, albeit a bit delayed...
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I picked the color I liked best, based on renders. I’ll change if I like something better in person.

OP
OP

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I guess that might be possible now everything is pushed off until September. But folks were hoping to get shipments in July, and I assume 100% based on the renders. I'll definitely want to physically see all the color options before choosing...hopefully Rivian will make that easy before commiting.

I picked the color I liked best, based on renders. I’ll change if I like something better in person.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
They were starting to do in person events, which stopped in early 2020… the last one was in mill valley from the looks of things.

just go hang out around their offices in palo alto, you’ll see something eventually

I picked colour based on renders, photos seen online, and knowing I like dark green. ?

OP
OP

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I was at the event in Mill Valley, two of the colors...

Be nice if they made all of them, and had at least 3-4 showrooms across the US folks could fly to before actually buying a car sight unseen. It has been discussed to death, but has Launch Green ever been seen in person by a non-Rivian employee?

Hopefully accessible showrooms via 2-3 hour flights for most of the US is in the cards...seemed a little strange (crazy perhaps, lol) to me they were even talking about shipping this month (before the delay) w/ zero cars to actually see or drive...

They were starting to do in person events, which stopped in early 2020… the last one was in mill valley.

I picked colour based on renders, photos seen online, and knowing I like dark green. ?

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I was at the event in Mill Valley, two of the colors...

Be nice if they made all of them, and had at least 3-4 showrooms across the US folks could fly to before actually buying a car sight unseen. It has been discussed to death, but has Launch Green ever been seen in person by a non-Rivian employee?

Hopefully accessible showrooms via 2-3 hour flights for most of the US is in the cards...seemed a little strange (crazy perhaps, lol) to me they were even talking about shipping this month (before the delay) w/ zero cars to actually see or drive...
Too bad they didn’t have colour samples at that event.

I suspect they were planning on doing more events like the mill valley one and the tour/drive program they now say will occur in the fall, in 2020, but…you know. Same goes for showrooms being open. Everything should’ve happened last year.

I’d be happy with a brochure with colour chips. Remember those??

I live in Manitoba, Canada, so geographically my closest showroom will probably be Chicago.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I believe it was reported a couple of months ago that a CS rep told another member that the formulation for Launch Green was still not locked in yet.

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
One nice thing about being a R1S holder is hopefully the R1T colors should be out before I have to lock config.

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
I like both the white and silver. I refuse to spend several grand more for a different color.

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
After waiting for 2.5 years now, I would probably take the Forest Green sight unseen if it meant getting it this Fall rather than next year sometime.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Colors release should be one of the next releases from Rivian. If we get pics in different lighting & walkaround videos, I think that will be enough for me.

I'm actually confident in Rivian's color selections, but they seem to have an affinity for colors that can "change" quite a bit in different lighting (Rivian Blue, Compass Yellow, & even Forest Green), so I think it's very important for them to account for that in what they release.

OH, and where's LIMESTONE?!? And Launch Green just because I'm curious to see it.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Since now we are looking at September my guess is they will wait until in person events to confirm color and order selection.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

It is a microcosm reflection on Rivian as a whole that Launch Green still hasn't seen the light of day....

OP
OP

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Yeah, reflecting back on the color selection and actual cars to see/drive/touch (the lack thereof really), the July launch plan looks very silly in hindsight...

Hopefully by September they have their ducks in a row...

It is a microcosm reflection on Rivian as a whole that Launch Green still hasn't seen the light of day....
Sponsored