Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

8E82919F-C9D8-4DDB-8429-72176A0610EE.jpeg
Got my free sample the stuff seems nice. Should I do some torture tests to it?
Scratches at a Level 7, deeper grooves at a Level 8, flame on.
Sponsored

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
Heads up for Canadians or close to Toronto. Wrote the Tuxmat folks and got this back:

"Thank you for your interest in TuxMat. We currently do not have custom floor mats available for the 2021 Rivian R1T. Each vehicle we provide mats for are scanned in our Toronto warehouse.

If you are near Toronto, we will be able to scan your vehicle in store and make custom mats for it, in return, you will get a set for free."

I'm a bit far away for that option. Great mats, btw: TuxMat | The Ultimate Car Mat With Max Coverage Have them for my current EV.

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Heads up for Canadians or close to Toronto. Wrote the Tuxmat folks and got this back:

"Thank you for your interest in TuxMat. We currently do not have custom floor mats available for the 2021 Rivian R1T. Each vehicle we provide mats for are scanned in our Toronto warehouse.

If you are near Toronto, we will be able to scan your vehicle in store and make custom mats for it, in return, you will get a set for free."

I'm a bit far away for that option. Great mats, btw: TuxMat | The Ultimate Car Mat With Max Coverage Have them for my current EV.
Dibs that sounds like a fun weekend road trip for me.

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer

I’ll do it, but given that I only pre-ordered in March, I would bet they’ve alreandy done it by the time I get my R1S.

KenJ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S85D
Occupation
Engineer
Got mine too … maybe time for “arts and crafts” over the weekend to make little Rivian logo coasters … LOL … NO I’M selling anything!

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Looks like Rivian will offer an option. Looks nice, but I prefer mats with a "lip" around the outside.

leaked-rivian-all-weather-mats.jpg

If not, I've had both of the other brands & would wholeheartedly recommend the Husky over WeatherTech.
FWIW,

In hopes of being able to pick up my R1T at the factory, I've been in contact with the folks at Husky. Some time ago, they invited me to their facility in Kansas on my circuitous route back to Oregon (visiting friends in Oklahoma, Arkansas, and maybe Texas) to allow them to measure the truck for a full set of mats. They say it will only take an hour to do so. I didn't mention the gear tunnel, but I'd have them measure that as well.

There's always the possibility that a factory delivery may not happen. As others have, or will get their Rivian sooner, if anyone might want to step up, I'd be more than happy to put you in touch with gentleman who arranged this.

Husky is located in Winfield, Kansas, just East of I-35 and a little North of the Oklahoma border. They were thrilled to get a chance to measure one and advised it may take less than a month before they'd be ready for order, which addresses the question raised by @Gshenderson. Apparently, the chip shortage hasn't impacted the floormat industry. ?

As @skyote mentioned earlier, Husky tends to build in a pretty good lip into their products and their mats tend to handle abuse really well. Frankly, as nice as the Rivian rubber and Chilewich mats are, I'd rather have a different set to trash and muck up. It might sound strange to want to protect floormats, but, well, I want to protect the factory floormats.

I'm guessing someone will have a Rivian and may be in that vicinity sooner than I will. If so, and if someone wants to let Husky measure their R1T to get these mats on the market sooner, please message me.

Again, a custom mat for the tunnel would be worth mentioning. I figured it would be easier to mention it there than try to explain it over the phone.

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

FWIW,

In hopes of being able to pick up my R1T at the factory, I've been in contact with the folks at Husky. Some time ago, they invited me to their facility in Kansas on my circuitous route back to Oregon (visiting friends in Oklahoma, Arkansas, and maybe Texas) to allow them to measure the truck for a full set of mats. They say it will only take an hour to do so. I didn't mention the gear tunnel, but I'd have them measure that as well.

There's always the possibility that a factory delivery may not happen. As others have, or will get their Rivian sooner, if anyone might want to step up, I'd be more than happy to put you in touch with gentleman who arranged this.

Husky is located in Winfield, Kansas, just East of I-35 and a little North of the Oklahoma border. They were thrilled to get a chance to measure one and advised it may take less than a month before they'd be ready for order, which addresses the question raised by @Gshenderson. Apparently, the chip shortage hasn't impacted the floormat industry. ?

As @skyote mentioned earlier, Husky tends to build in a pretty good lip into their products and their mats tend to handle abuse really well. Frankly, as nice as the Rivian rubber and Chilewich mats are, I'd rather have a different set to trash and muck up. It might sound strange to want to protect floormats, but, well, I want to protect the factory floormats.

I'm guessing someone will have a Rivian and may be in that vicinity sooner than I will. If so, and if someone wants to let Husky measure their R1T to get these mats on the market sooner, please message me.

Again, a custom mat for the tunnel would be worth mentioning. I figured it would be easier to mention it there than try to explain it over the phone.
Did they say a free set would go towards the person who brings them the first truck to scan?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Did they say a free set would go towards the person who brings them the first truck to scan?
I didn't ask and they didn't say, but I'd think it's something they'd likely offer up. It would be nice, but I just thought it'd be fun to maybe get a tour and see their operation. That said, if they offered me the first set, I'd say "Hell yes!" ???

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Interestingly, I also checked with WeatherTech, but was very underwhelmed by their response. They're only a 100 miles away from Normal, in the Southwest suburbs of Chicago. Maybe they're the subcontractor that manufactures Rivian's signature rubber mats and didn't want to let me know that, but I didn't get the impression they were very interested.

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
WeatherTech has been slipping, not sure what's up with them. I have older WT liners that are still as functional and fit as good as the day I bought them, aside from scuffs and ground in dirt. I have newer WT liners that all curl and distort on the edges, don't fit quite right, they're obviously not made out of the same rubberized plastic. Tesla quit using WT for their all weather mat option, who knows what the reason(s) may be. I know there were a lot of complaints about the WT mats for the Model X. We put Lloyd's Mats in our Model X and they were quite functional and looked great. The honeycomb rubber ones, low-profile, but non slip and they trapped everything.

IMO, the the current all weather mats Ford is putting in their trucks/SUVs like the ones in my Expedition or with our Bronco Sport are top notch. Would love to know who the OEM is for them. My only complaint about them is they need more of a lip for times when we're dealing with heavy slush or mud. But the rubber material and fit and non-slip properties are great.

There's a WeatherTech location near me. Not sure what they do there, possibly some manufacturing or major warehousing because it's at least 20,000sq.ft. in size. I'm guessing it's a warehouse or fulfillment center because the last few times I've ordered any WT anything I have it next day.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
As for Chilewich mats. Never had any. They look interesting and people seem to like them. I think they compliment the R1T/S very well. I'm undecided on adding Rivian's all weather mats to the order.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Monkey,

I see you're based in Colorado. If you have slush and snow you're going to be dealing with, having a rubber mat, one with a lip to help capture all the melting matter, will surely be appreciated later.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Monkey,

I see you're based in Colorado. If you have slush and snow you're going to be dealing with, having a rubber mat, one with a lip to help capture all the melting matter, will surely be appreciated later.
Oh, I know all about it. Have been using WeatherTech and Husky liners for years. Have bought many sets for both work and personal vehicles. Have not bought Husky in probably 7+ years, but may consider them if they have any available for the R1T and if reviews are good. I quit buying Husky liners because they all curled, warped and shrank. As outlined in my post above, I have not been happy with WeatherTech lately. I returned the last set of WT mats I bought because the fit sucked - 2018 Expedition Max. The WT mats in our 2014 Explorer and a couple company F-150s that are newer have all curled in or warped around the edges.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Oh, I know all about it. Have been using WeatherTech and Husky liners for years. Have bought many sets for both work and personal vehicles. Have not bought Husky in probably 7+ years, but may consider them if they have any available for the R1T and if reviews are good. I quit buying Husky liners because they all curled, warped and shrank. As outlined in my post above, I have not been happy with WeatherTech lately. I returned the last set of WT mats I bought because the fit sucked - 2018 Expedition Max. The WT mats in our 2014 Explorer and a couple company F-150s that are newer have all curled in or warped around the edges.
Sad to hear of all the bad fits and quality you've experienced. I've only had WT's and have been pleased with them, but they are fairly lightweight. Hoping for good results with the Huskys for the R1T.
Sponsored