Sponsored

Chilewhich

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Clubs

It's definitely durable stuff, and I do like the look. The chilewich material itself is not very thick, so floor mat use will depend on what they back it with. I do think that fine dirt/dust can make it through the weave, so we'll just have to see how it holds up to real use and how easy it is to clean.

Despite the @jimcgov3 paint job, the coasters are pretty cool. ?

20210430_103610.jpg
Looks like Jimmy needs to work on quality control.
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Looks like Jimmy needs to work on quality control.
No doubt! I hope he'd been drinking. I won't share the analogy I used privately when I first saw them...

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Clubs

No doubt! I hope he'd been drinking. I won't share the analogy I used privately when I first saw them...
I was going to make a comment about working on 'gap alignment', but did not want to poke that bear since some people are watching that with a keen eye.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

So, for real world use, it looks like I have choices: Husky Liners or WeatherTech floormats. The Chilewich look great, but seem more apprpriate for Date Night than a romp through the mud or camping in the desert. I really want to keep the Chilewich in their original condition.

The others seem more like wipers and tires, that is to say utility items that are not unique and can easily be replaced. Another way of putting it is that I'd hate to sully the beautiful Chilewich mats by jumping in after a day of slogging around in the elements. They're just too darned pretty for that kind of abuse.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I'm guessing something along the lines of "Second-hand Margarita" or "Lame aim"?

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So, for real world use, it looks like I have choices: Husky Liners or WeatherTech floormats.
Looks like Rivian will offer an option. Looks nice, but I prefer mats with a "lip" around the outside.

Rivian R1T R1S Chilewhich leaked-rivian-all-weather-mats

If not, I've had both of the other brands & would wholeheartedly recommend the Husky over WeatherTech.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Looks like Rivian will offer an option. Looks nice, but I prefer mats with a "lip" around the outside.

leaked-rivian-all-weather-mats.jpg

If not, I've had both of the other brands & would wholeheartedly recommend the Husky over WeatherTech.
Yeah, the Husky Liners and WeatherTechs look better suited to preserving the floorboards of the Rivians through the use and abuse they'll receive during Adventures.

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
Yeah, the Husky Liners and WeatherTechs look better suited to preserving the floorboards of the Rivians through the use and abuse they'll receive during Adventures.
I've done weathertech in the past, but went with https://www.tuxmat.com/ for my Kia Niro EV. If they have mats for the Rivian, that's how I would roll...

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
How long do you think it will take these aftermarket companies to have a custom fit mat for the Rivian’s? I’ll want to have rubber mats in the truck before winter snow starts in Nov/Dec.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I've done weathertech in the past, but went with https://www.tuxmat.com/ for my Kia Niro EV. If they have mats for the Rivian, that's how I would roll...
C.R.Rivian,

Thanks for the heads up! Looking at their TuxMat Maximum Coverage product, I'm impressed by the sidewalls and firewall coverage they provide. I don't think I've seen a product that provides that height in the front and on the sides. I guess the tale will be in the finished product for any and all competitors. Regardless, this is another player to consider. Thanks again C.R.!

Last edited:

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

How long do you think it will take these aftermarket companies to have a custom fit mat for the Rivian’s? I’ll want to have rubber mats in the truck before winter snow starts in Nov/Dec.
I know Husky is located in Kansas. After an earlier discussion about floor mats, I called Husky and they put me through to their Illinois Sales Rep. I left a message for him, but haven't heard back. I'm going to reach out to him tomorrow. Honestly, if I were able to pick up my R1T in Normal, I'd be happy to stop in Kansas on the way home, if they could do their measurements in fairly short order.

Regardless, I would think they would want to have those measurements done as soon as the vehicle is released, in order to capitalize on the potential for orders, and also get good feedback beteeen all of us on these forums.

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
C.R.Rivian,

Thanks for the heads up! Looking at their TuxMat Maximum Coverage product, I'm impressed by the sidewalls and firewall coverage they provide. I don't think I've seen a product that provides that height in the front and on the sides. I guess the tale will be in the finished product for any and all competitors. Regardless, this is another player to consider. Thanks again C.R.!
No prob...got the tip from a Kia Niro EV Forum...these forums are a great resource. Suspect a lot of the aftermarket people are working on Rivian options.

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Chilewhich 8E82919F-C9D8-4DDB-8429-72176A0610EE
Got my free sample the stuff seems nice. Should I do some torture tests to it?

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
8E82919F-C9D8-4DDB-8429-72176A0610EE.jpeg
Got my free sample the stuff seems nice. Should I do some torture tests to it?
Bring on the torture! What do you have in mind?

I have a honey do list you can borrow...
Sponsored