Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

That's where 20 pairs of sunglasses will go, along with chapstick, bobby pins, pens, tissues, gum, change, gas receipts (oops), makeup, mini flashlight (backup), leatherman, air gauge, nail clippers, n95 mask with dingleberries, wet wipes, tools, coozies, charging cords, etc.
Looks like your wife figured out where her purse goes!

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Not necessarily perfect solutions, but until someone starts offering Rivian dedicated items, the following are the items I've purchased and found quite useful in the meantime. I'm one that works out of my truck, thus have a lot of crap that I need to keep separated and organized. The Rivian's interior storage space, within reach of the driver is pathetic. No glovebox. Tesla learned that people don't want open space on the floor and finally started adding storage consoles to all their vehicles. Plus, leaving stuff there out in the wide open is just an invitation for thieves to break into your car. The center console is deep, but very narrow. Good luck finding anything on the bottom if you fill it up.

Using this for the open floor space. Works great for my needs. Six separate places to keep things separated. But also adjustable to where you can open up some of them to be larger single spaces. Fits snugly in the open floor space. Being black, blends in reasonably well and is deep enough to keep most things hidden. Would prefer a purpose-built storage console for the Rivian, but this is serving me well after a month with the truck and holding me over until something better comes along.
Rivian R1T R1S Center Console/Organizer 1658007671421

www.amazon.com/dp/B01MDOZLT1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Saw a video from someone who gave me the idea for these. They fit well inside the center console. Allow for two separate spaces as they simply stack on top of each other. Thus easy to pull the small top one out to get to the bottom one. Again, not the best solution in the world, but certainly a functional one that allows me to separate the space and make better use of it. Being inside the console, you don't see it. I cut two slots into the top one so I had easier access to the USB-C plugs, but didn't really need to. Phone chargers can still plug in. The only thing that took up more space was the flash drive for saving videos. But, that doesn't get used other than when you're actually manually saving videos. Easy enough to plug in when you're saving videos. Not necessary and serves no purpose leaving it plugged in all the time.

For the bottom -
Rivian R1T R1S Center Console/Organizer 1658007559526

www.amazon.com/dp/B007EEE5TC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Stacks on top of the bottom one -
Rivian R1T R1S Center Console/Organizer 1658007579059

www.amazon.com/dp/B0019TYZOS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

AND, I recently purchased this and it slides in on top, clearing both of the above clear containers, so I've now divided my console into three separate sections. Allows me to separate stuff out and easily keep things organized. (SEE POST #51 BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL DETAILS)

BestEvMod for Rivian R1T & Rivian R1S Center Console Organizer Tray Armrest Storage Box
www.amazon.com/dp/B0BHSM3YTB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

SEE POST #51 BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL LINKS IF ABOVE LINK SHOWS "UNAVAILABLE"

Was only $19.99 when it was offered for sale. So a pretty cheap feeler to see if it was a viable option, which it is.

Rivian R1T R1S Center Console/Organizer 1670197410968

Second link if the first one shows "unavailable". They seem to sell out of them pretty quickly.
www.amazon.com/BestEvMod-Rivian-R1T-R1S-Accessories/dp/B0BKSNPVQK/ref=sr_1_17?crid=2189NAATHO4E1&keywords=best+evmod+for+rivian+r1t&qid=1670197916&s=automotive&sprefix=bestevmod+for+rivian+r1t%2Cautomotive%2C112&sr=1-17

------------------

I also added these tray type seat gap fillers. Serves two purposes....gives me a place for pens/pencils and other small items, while also acting as a filler to prevent things from falling between the seats. I'm famous for doing that and always a PITA to retrieve what fell down there.
Rivian R1T R1S Center Console/Organizer 1658007602174

www.amazon.com/dp/B098J2HS1K?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Last edited:

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
The floor space between the driver and front passenger is crying out for an organizer of some sort. Suggestions appreciated. Space is a little odd. 8" at the narrowest, about 11" deep.

1649283672895.png
Another member on another one of the threads relating to small item storage solutions pointed me to this, which looks perfect for me and I instantly purchased—maybe this would work for you:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1248679346/

This will help with the floppy-large-water-bottle problem I’ve been experiencing. I will also probably put coins in one of the smaller recessed areas this design includes.

Sponsored

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Edited my above post to include:

I recently purchased this and it slides in on top, clearing both of the above clear containers, so I've now divided my console into three separate sections. Allows me to separate stuff out and easily keep things organized.

BestEvMod for Rivian R1T & Rivian R1S Center Console Organizer Tray Armrest Storage Box

www.amazon.com/BestEvMod-Rivian-Center-Console-Organizer/dp/B0BLZ517ZZ?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

Was only $19.99 when it was offered for sale. So a pretty cheap feeler to see if it was a viable option, which it is. Nicely molded plastic that looks OEM and includes the rubber pads to keep things from sliding around. Prior Amazon versions didn't fit. This one is a revised version that fits well and is still easy to remove. So be careful as to which one you are getting. The other is quite similar, but gets stuck. The link above is for this particular one that DOES fit well.

Third link if the first ones show "unavailable". They seem to sell out of them pretty quickly.
www.amazon.com/BestEvMod-Rivian-R1T-R1S-Accessories/dp/B0BKSNPVQK/ref=sr_1_17?crid=2189NAATHO4E1&keywords=best+evmod+for+rivian+r1t&qid=1670197916&s=automotive&sprefix=bestevmod+for+rivian+r1t%2Cautomotive%2C112&sr=1-17

Rivian R1T R1S Center Console/Organizer 1670197410968-

Twraps also offers a console organizer that fits on top of the other two clear trays I have below. I like it too. Actually prefer the USB cable pass through's, but the molded plastic of the other version is a little more OEM like than 3D printed versions. Plus the molded version above comes with rubber pads for the bottom. Looks a little cleaner. The Twraps version has an adjustable second section which is nice too. A combination of these two would be perfect. If the Twraps version had the rubber mats and used molded plastic instead, it would be a no-brainer. But for now, I'm riding around with the molded plastic one shown above. Both work very well.

Rivian R1T R1S Center Console/Organizer 1670197494698

3D Printed Armrest Organizer for Rivian R1T/R1S
Expand your storage options in the R1T/R1S with this armrest organizer that goes under the armrest area, where your elbows are while driving. This product is our first attempt at manufacturing plastics domestically, but since we're still a tiny business and can't afford an injection molding...
Rivian R1T R1S Center Console/Organizer square_logo_black_bg_96x-

twraps.com
---------------------------------------------

Last edited:

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

Last edited:

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

Edited my above post to include:

I recently purchased this and it slides in on top, clearing both of the above clear containers, so I've now divided my console into three separate sections. Allows me to separate stuff out and easily keep things organized.

www.amazon.com/BestEvMod-Rivian-Center-Console-Organizer/dp/B0BLZ517ZZ?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

Was only $19.99 when it was offered for sale. So a pretty cheap feeler to see if it was a viable option, which it is. Nicely molded plastic that looks OEM and includes the rubber pads to keep things from sliding around. Prior Amazon versions didn't fit. This one is a revised version that fits well and is still easy to remove. So be careful as to which one you are getting. The other is quite similar, but gets stuck. The link above is for this particular one that DOES fit well.

Third link if the first ones show "unavailable". They seem to sell out of them pretty quickly.

1670197410968-png.png

Twraps also offers a console organizer that fits on top of the other two clear trays I have below. I like it too. Actually prefer the USB cable pass through's, but the molded plastic of the other version is a little more OEM like than 3D printed versions. Plus the molded version above comes with rubber pads for the bottom. Looks a little cleaner. The Twraps version has an adjustable second section which is nice too. A combination of these two would be perfect. If the Twraps version had the rubber mats and used molded plastic instead, it would be a no-brainer. But for now, I'm riding around with the molded plastic one shown above. Both work very well.

1670197494698.png

3D Printed Armrest Organizer for Rivian R1T/R1S
Expand your storage options in the R1T/R1S with this armrest organizer that goes under the armrest area, where your elbows are while driving. This product is our first attempt at manufacturing plastics domestically, but since we're still a tiny business and can't afford an injection molding...
square_logo_black_bg_96x-jpg.jpg

twraps.com
---------------------------------------------
Fair critique about the inserts. I am almost ready to start providing them, ours will be PE leather ones though, much more premium look & feel.
Sponsored