INACTIVE

kdcold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2011 Toyota 4Runner, 2013 Infiniti JX35
Occupation
Banking IT Software Services
I use a suction-cup wireless charging mount over by my left-front pillar. Only view blocked is of the pillar.

Allows me to use (Waze) phone navigation peripherally, without looking down at all.
In my mind this is safer than looking down at a dash display or center console. As with all food/electronics/controls/etc., self-discipline is required regardless of where your phone is.

Products I use: https://www.iottie.com/Product/List?Category=SmartphoneMount

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Given that the dash trim has a little bit of a "lip", I'm already planning to take measurements when I get mine and 3D print a little holder that just slides over the top (like an inverse J-hook).

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Given that the dash trim has a little bit of a "lip", I'm already planning to take measurements when I get mine and 3D print a little holder that just slides over the top (like an inverse J-hook).
Did you & can I buy one from you?

Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer

JJM305

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volvo XC90, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Finance
I'm looking at this dash and it looks like a disaster for mounting a phone. Any ideas on the best way to do this?
I got the MagBak case and little 3m magnetic strip and it works well. Not great having it on the left side of the dash, takes some getting used to. I can run Waze as a backup to Rivian Nav.

Rivian R1T R1S Cell phone mount JJM Phone

Paradigm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1t, Ford Bronco
I bet proclip will soon have a custom mount created. Bet it will be a friction mount between the two screens with some offset. Have owned two different models. Hands down the best on the market.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I bet proclip will soon have a custom mount created. Bet it will be a friction mount between the two screens with some offset. Have owned two different models. Hands down the best on the market.
Agree completely. I'm waiting for that as well. I saw on Reddit they were looking for a truck to prototype with, and very quickly had a volunteer. Hopefully it won't be too much longer now.

OP
OP

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
I got the MagBak case and little 3m magnetic strip and it works well. Not great having it on the left side of the dash, takes some getting used to. I can run Waze as a backup to Rivian Nav.

JJM Phone.jpg
Can't see out of my left eye, so this is a no-go.

Sponsored

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I stick my phone in the slot in the center console. Seems to have worked ok for me so far. I guess i have gotten over the need for a mount.

GHuff

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Clubs

I stick my phone in the slot in the center console. Seems to have worked ok for me so far. I guess i have gotten over the need for a mount.
I do too, but it doesn't work if you have your phone plugged in and charging. And I tend to have it plugged it most of the time because of the battery drain with the Rivian app.

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Oh I see. I usually have 60-70% at the end of day. The iPhone 13 Pro Max has a beast battery. Another fortunate thing. Maybe if you ran the wire and set the phone sideways or upside down. I am also not as hard of use as some on my phone.

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
If you watched the review below, you would know that even Rivian admit their UI is bad. Sure it is pretty but they know it is bad.
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...uck-killer-rivian-r1t-first-look-review.2291/
They admit it's bad but won't provide the industry-standard solution we all want while they make it better.

If it comes out great, cool, but right now it's pretty limited and I'd like at least the same base functionality I can get in a Mitsubishi Mirage.
Sponsored