Canadian showrooms

OP
OP

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
Toronto mentioned in the “A look ahead to 2023” e-mail, nothing on Montreal… Yet, there was a job opening for a field service manager in Quebec posted a few days ago: https://boards.greenhouse.io/rivian/jobs/5454277003

Have any such positions been posted then taken down for Ontario?
Sponsored

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
I wouldn't be surprised if they consider the Vaughan SC as Toronto.

I doubt they are planning on adding a SC in Toronto this year when the Vaughan location is still bare bones and not ready.

OP
OP

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I wouldn't be surprised if they consider the Vaughan SC as Toronto.

I doubt they are planning on adding a SC in Toronto this year when the Vaughan location is still bare bones and not ready.
Agreed, I assumed that too. I was more wondering why there is no mention of Montreal yet hiring seems to be ahead of Vaughan/GTA...granted its just one position, but still...

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Agreed, I assumed that too. I was more wondering why there is no mention of Montreal yet hiring seems to be ahead of Vaughan/GTA...granted its just one position, but still...
They could’ve filled those positions in ON via targeted recruiting and so haven’t had to post them more broadly

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Most of the hiring they have done outside of BC seems to have be done through external sources, because I rarely saw an Ontario SC level posting posted on their website. So they could have done most of their resourcing for Ontario through external parties.

The only posting I ever saw for Ontario was for a Project Manager/P.Eng to work on the charging network out of Ontario. But that posting is not there any more.

OP
OP

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For the Montreal (and Ottawa? And east coast?) people in here, I always thought a great location for a service center would be the abandoned Parkway Buick GM at 9775 Trans Canada Route, Saint-Laurent, Quebec H4S 1T6. Would allow fairly easy access for Ottawa customers… right near the highway, huge parking lot…

I was pretty excited to see some work being done there today… Only to find out its Vinfast. Facepalm.

Either the recently reconfirmed oct-dec 23 delivery estimates for Quebec are BS, they will be done from Toronto… or they must be close to at least getting a site. Any other ideas for locations to keep an eye on?
Sponsored