Sponsored

Canadian showrooms

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver? Others off the bat? Your thoughts...
Sponsored

OP
OP

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
According to Job postings I have only seen minor mentions of Vancouver not anything related to Ontario.
Yes, but that doesnā€™t mean much as the job offers until recently had mostly been only for the design and manufacturing locations (Vancouver being one of them). It makes sense that the Canadian retail sites will be the last to hire (deliveries will start later here).

I really wonder if they will open 3 off the bat. If not, going solely with EV sales, Vancouver and Montreal could be the priorities. Vancouver would also be top for the ā€œbrand vibeā€ and a natural choice with Rivian's software shop being there. But, its always kinda hard to open anything in Canada without a GTA location - the country's center of mass.

We shall seeā€¦

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hopefully they do something out here in Montreal. It would make a ton of sense, Quebec has been all-in on the EV train for some time. Chargers everywhere, and the province will pay to install them basically anywhere. Building code requires 240V in the garage for a charger in all new residential constructionā€¦ The actual incentives donā€™t apply to Rivianā€˜s vehicles (yet) but EV culture is very strong here.

OP
OP

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hopefully they do something out here in Montreal. It would make a ton of sense, Quebec has been all-in on the EV train for some time. Chargers everywhere, and the province will pay to install them basically anywhere. Building code requires 240V in the garage for a charger in all new residential constructionā€¦ The actual incentives donā€™t apply to Rivianā€˜s vehicles (yet) but EV culture is very strong here.
Yes, agreed. I would even venture Town of Mount Royal has one of the highest MS/MX ownership rates on the planet. Fertile grounds for R1S sales for sure even if Im wrong. Iā€™m hoping Rivian set up around the Tesla shop.

Sponsored

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
Yes, agreed. I would even venture Town of Mount Royal has one of the highest MS/MX ownership rates on the planet. Fertile grounds for R1S sales for sure even if Im wrong. Iā€™m hoping Rivian set up around the Tesla shop.
Down here in Brossard Model 3/Y has just exploded these past few months. 3 people have taken delivery since September on my street alone.

Rivy

First Name
Rivy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LX570
Vancouver (Yaletown area). I tried to peek inside with no luck...

Rivian R1T R1S Canadian showrooms IMG-8982

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
Vancouver (Yaletown area). I tried to peek inside with no luck...

IMG-8982.jpg
This must be a pretty recent development. Lendesk appears to have been the tenant in April.

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
Not just an office for software development? Rivian has a number of staff and open positions listed in Vancouver, and Yaletown is a popular office spot.

LoneI2anger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Unfortunately Id ditto aApline. That is way too small for a showroom. Previous tenants were software developers too... that whole strip is just full of IT companies. Cool that we're slowly seeing some presence up here though!

Sponsored

OP
OP

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
From the map shown in the IPO roadshow video, it seems initial Canadian service centers could be Vancouver, Calgary and a western suburb of Montrealā€¦

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Wonder if the recent floods in BC is going to impact Canadian launch/deliveries.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Why wo
Wonder if the recent floods in BC is going to impact Canadian launch/deliveries.
only for people in the lower mainland/Vancouver island.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
'Don't open Tonn Cover' :giggle:
Sponsored