Sponsored

Canadian delivery timeframe

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
The delivery status says "currently moving through final quality checks" which I assume means it's still in Normal.
It's just a generic message and will keep saying that up until it's in Vancouver and ready to schedule delivery. Your guide can give you a more specific answer. Mine shows the same message - and did so both when it was at Normal waiting to get loaded and also now that it's en-route somewhere.
Sponsored

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Quick update for all of us Canadians. I have seen my R1S at the Richmond Service Centre and was advised today that I should be contacted in the next 24 to 48 hours to schedule my delivery!

I was there yesterday to have a look around and there were over 60 vehicles (only 3 R1S's that I could see) at the facility. They are really trying to push them out for the end of March. This is great news for a lot of people waiting and I'd be surprised if yours wasn't there already Pete.

I know one of the employees said he had done 9 deliveries in one day so once they have been washed, detailed and PDI'd they will be scheduling for delivery. As I was leaving, a carrier with 5 more T's was arriving. As a PSA, if you have a co-registrant designated, they have to be there with you to take possession. This could save some headaches if you don't show up with them later as my guide said they won't release it without them physically there with you.

Also they have an R1S for test drives at the Homer St. Office now....

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
It's just a generic message and will keep saying that up until it's in Vancouver and ready to schedule delivery. Your guide can give you a more specific answer. Mine shows the same message - and did so both when it was at Normal waiting to get loaded and also now that it's en-route somewhere.
Atlas what color did you get? I saw two other R1S' at the SC, maybe one was yours?

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Atlas what color did you get? I saw two other R1S' at the SC, maybe one was yours?
Glacier white with black mountain interior. And 20" wheels (same ones as the truck, not the "bright" ones, and not black ones)

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Glacier white with black mountain interior. And 20" wheels (same ones as the truck, not the "bright" ones, and not black ones)
Pretty sure the one I saw was a Limestone. It was parked right in the front and was charging. The other one was a Forest Green. I don't recall the wheels that were on them but there were some vehicles in the shop that I couldn't really see.

Sponsored

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
There is a black R1S there as well with 22 sport brights on it.

Eexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla P3D, Tesla PYD, Tundra, FK8 CTR
Occupation
Tooth puller
Scheduled my delivery for this Saturday morning. My Guide said they are having a delivery party on Sunday and were going to be pretty busy on Sunday, so I opted for Saturday instead.

My 8-steps opened up Friday March 10th and I paid via Stripe on Sunday, March 19th and my Guide called me Monday morning to set up a delivery date as early as today, but unfortunately have to work all week. I pre-ordered Dec 2021 and wasn’t expecting to receive my R1T so soon considering my ETA back in January was for June-Sept 2023. Well, hopefully Rivian has figured out the bricking and dead 12V batteries with a new software update.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
There has got to be some way to tell Rivian "I'm outside B.C, but I'm an early pre-order holder, let me fucking buy the truck and pick it up in B.C and I can figure out the rest" type of deal.

Rivy

First Name
Rivy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LX570
There has got to be some way to tell Rivian "I'm outside B.C, but I'm an early pre-order holder, let me fucking buy the truck and pick it up in B.C and I can figure out the rest" type of deal.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Talked to CS a while back about a "fictional vacation home" I owned, they said changing the address would throw things up in the air and the estimate would only update in 3 months potentially delaying delivery further.

Sponsored

Rivy

First Name
Rivy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LX570
Talked to CS a while back about a "fictional vacation home" I owned, they said changing the address would throw things up in the air and the estimate would only update in 3 months potentially delaying delivery further.
I received the same response when considering taking delivery in the states instead of waiting for BC's Rivian deliveries to start. It's a bit of a gamble but I can't really see them starting deliveries in other provinces until the service center's are up and running. I bet though a BC address would match with a VIN sooner...

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Well my lottery ticket has come up. Tomorrow at 11am for delivery. I can't believe that it's been 1355 days, a true test of patience. I will update tomorrow after I receive it.

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Well my lottery ticket has come up. Tomorrow at 11am for delivery. I can't believe that it's been 1355 days, a true test of patience. I will update tomorrow after I receive it.
Congrats! I swung by today since I was in the area and probably saw it. Wow, it is a sea of Rivians there! So many! Probably 90-95% trucks. Only a couple of SUVs. I have to say, the S in black looks so good. And not a yellow to be found :)

Hoping mine was there too, but no confirmation yet.

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I picked her up on Thursday and have been loving it ever since. I'm not sure I can add any more descriptors to what has already been noted about the vehicle. I call it my tank on steroids as it feels so sturdy and safe but goes like lightning... (well faster than lightning, sorry Ford). The delivery process was very easy and Chris was fantastic. He game me as much time as I needed which wasn't very much. Once I paired my phone I just wanted to go and explore. It's intuitive and easy to sort out. It's what they say, totally worth the wait so hang in there. Looking forward to waving to more of you as we pass each other.

Rivy

First Name
Rivy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LX570
I picked her up on Thursday and have been loving it ever since. I'm not sure I can add any more descriptors to what has already been noted about the vehicle. I call it my tank on steroids as it feels so sturdy and safe but goes like lightning... (well faster than lightning, sorry Ford). The delivery process was very easy and Chris was fantastic. He game me as much time as I needed which wasn't very much. Once I paired my phone I just wanted to go and explore. It's intuitive and easy to sort out. It's what they say, totally worth the wait so hang in there. Looking forward to waving to more of you as we pass each other.
Pics or it didn't happen!
Sponsored