cjust2006

cjust2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adv Limestone
Occupation
IT Analyst
Same. I can ignore it when it's in the garage, but when I set the truck to "stay off" in camp mode, my camp speaker goes into overdrive and regularly makes that connection noise at some stupidly loud volume that can be heard outside the vehicle. The first time it woke me up in the middle of the night was the last time it was in the vehicle.
Exactly! I can hear it turning on in the truck from inside my house if there's no other sound going on.
Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

I haven't had this issue, but the other day I noticed a noise coming from my parked Rivian while I was pulling weeds near it. Some two to three note sound that played every 15 seconds or so.

I didn't think much of it at first because my Rivian making occasional weird noises when parked isn't that uncommon. In fact I disabled bluetooth access to the Rivian app in a previous attempt at quieting it.

But, then I noticed it was coming from within the Rivian itself. I tried resetting the infotainment, but this didn't silence it.

As I was driving to dinner my GF decided to google it, and discovered that other people had the same issue. It turns out that sometimes the Camp Speaker will go haywire, and will make that noise every 15+ seconds.

The fix was just doing some kind of reset on the camp speaker itself.
I noticed this exact scenario on my R1T for the first time last night. I was wiping down with quick detailer and I kept hearing that same weird noise. Took me a few minutes to realize it was the camp speaker. Resetting the camp speaker eventually fixed it.

I wonder if it has something to do with the latest software update? It's never happened previously in a year of ownership.

Milermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I am glad to find this thread. I thought this was only happening to my vehicle.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

I did a factory reset and have not had this issue since.

I don’t recall which button to press but it’s in the owner’s guide.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
This has also happened to me.

Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

We should round up all the camp speakers and put them on a barge to the Island of Obsolete Robots.

Rivian R1T R1S Camp Speaker Wakes When Truck Sleeps 1695207805752

Or even better, turn them back into Rivian for recycling in exchange for a couple gallons of that mood-altering wiper fluid.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Fun fact this happens to me all the time as well. Walked into the garage the other day heard the usual dung ding sound then realized I don't even have my phone or anything on me so it just senses something moving next to the truck and it wakes up and the speaker makes its sound?

jplblue

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Honda Element
Clubs

Fun fact this happens to me all the time as well. Walked into the garage the other day heard the usual dung ding sound then realized I don't even have my phone or anything on me so it just senses something moving next to the truck and it wakes up and the speaker makes its sound?
Yep, I experienced that has well. How did it know?!

Sponsored

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340, Tesla M3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

Same with mine… to add on to that, every time I actually want to use the speaker, it takes me a good 20 minutes to actually get it connected..

Stumpjumper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RIT
Occupation
Professor
Hello!

I've noticed that when my truck goes to sleep, whatever connection that tells the camp speaker it's docked gets turned off. This makes the speaker think it's been undocked and wakes the speaker, which steals audio from my phone randomly all the time while I'm just in the house. I go in and out of range of the truck all the time so it's pretty constant. I've got the no-lock at home thing enabled, but that doesn't prevent the truck from coming in and out of its deep sleep all the time.

Anyone else?

And I report bugs here vs open a ticket because I've had better results with bug fixes and new features here (and others here who help affirm issues like these) compared to opening ticket at a service center that doesn't have developers on hand... :p
I have taken the speaker out of the truck because something has gone wrong with the integration and it may be related to your issue. I would hear this mysterious two-tone ba-doink noise as I walked by the truck and couldnt figure it out. It wasnt stealing audio from my phone as in your case, but this might be because I don't use the speaker much and it wasn't connecting by default. Recently this tone started repeating every 10 seconds or so I I really couldnt figure it out, even when rebooting the whole car. Turns out (thanks to another thread on this forum) that it was the Camp Speaker battery dying and it makes that noise to tell you (apparently). So the truck must no longer be charging the speaker correctly, and after giving the speaker a full charge with a USB-C charger and replacing it in the truck, it would make the occasional ba-doink noise again, so I just pulled it.

I too have reported this through the service line, but hope that this issue garners more attention here!

rprevatt

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor
Clubs

Like so many, I’ve just unpaired my phone until this issue gets resolved by @Rivian.

Jamon

First Name
Jamon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Electrician
My speaker does many similar things. At my last visit to service they could not repeat any of my problems with it, but told me these are known issues and hopefully will be fixed in the future updates.

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

Similar issues here.

But almost as infuriating is I used my camp speaker to listen to some jams while detailing the other day.

Every time I opened the door, the truck stole the playback from the camp speaker.

If you're going to sell an 'integrated' feature like this, they should have some sort of handshake between one another. But it's not. The only thing the truck seems to integrate with the speaker is that it recharges it. OK cool, so... they're separate, even though they're both branded 'Rivian.'

I think the use-case for the speaker is drying up for a lot of us, which is a shame. Because despite its novelty, showing off my truck, people get really stoked when they learn about the camp speaker and the door flashlight. Because it's cool!!
Sponsored