Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinjwangler.com
Vehicles
2014 Ford Flex, non-LE R1S preorder
Occupation
IT Director
What a neat video. I'm waiting for my R1S, but if I was a R1T buyer I'd be really tempted to get this.

Also gave another great look at Rivian Blue. As others have said across a number of threads, that this blue can look different in different pics due to lighting, filters etc. I hope what we saw in the video is "the one" as I think it looks gorgeous.
Same. Wife and I just switched our preorder from Forest Green to Rivian Blue based on this video.
Sponsored

Cassidy_DM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6
Occupation
Space
I know it goes without saying, but it looks a lot more sturdy and modular than it did when they showed off the prototype at that overlanding show. If I hadn't already put it on my reservation, the fact that you can move it in sections AND it comes with the gear sled makes it a no-brainer for me. The level of thought they've put in on this reflects greatly on the R1T and R1S. Rivian is really shaping up to be something special. :clap:

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Wife pointed out the sliding base with its outlets becomes a slick work bench when you arenā€™t camping.

Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Seeing this is making me consider the gear shuttle. Might come in handy.

Kialoa

First Name
Kialoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Cayenne

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

I noticed they eliminated the separate kettle heating drawer on the "drawer side" of the kitchen. That's too bad...I liked that feature which would have given you basically 3 burners instead of just the two on the cook-top. Now you have to use one of the cook-top burners for your coffee kettle. A bit of a bummer.
That has been gone since November when the configurator went live.

805Badger

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Model X
Occupation
Physicist
Seeing this is making me consider the gear shuttle. Might come in handy.

Dammit Rivian! They got me. Just added the gear shuttle. I actually hope they stop adding videos and giving out information. Every time they do I add more to my order. I'm such a sucker...

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
Green Truck in background has standard 21s with inserts removed. they don't look bad at all.

Sponsored

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Green Truck in background has standard 21s with inserts removed. they don't look bad at all.
I was thinking the same thing. Took some time to figure out what was going on there. But they look much better being able to see the calipers. Wonder how it affects aerodynamics/range...

Kenshaka

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Titan/2005 Honda Accord/2017 Zero DSR
Occupation
Radiology Technologist
I noticed they eliminated the separate kettle heating drawer on the "drawer side" of the kitchen. That's too bad...I liked that feature which would have given you basically 3 burners instead of just the two on the cook-top. Now you have to use one of the cook-top burners for your coffee kettle. A bit of a bummer.
I think it only takes 90secs to come to a boil on induction stove tops, so I donā€™t think it will be there long?

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I agree this thing is super cool, and this was a great video from Rivian! Hopefully they keep it up with regular content like this on various features of the truck. Maybe even a peak at launch green <hint>!

That being said, I still canā€™t see myself dropping $5k on it for the amount I would use it. Not to mention dealing with storing it when I want the gear tunnel space for other things.

Great job Rivian on a cool and well designed accessory, and even more kudos on the comms! Keep it up!

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I agree this thing is super cool, and this was a great video from Rivian! Hopefully they keep it up with regular content like this on various features of the truck. Maybe even a peak at launch green <hint>!

That being said, I still canā€™t see myself dropping $5k on it for the amount I would use it. Not to mention dealing with storing it when I want the gear tunnel space for other things.

Great job Rivian on a cool and well designed accessory, and even more kudos on the comms! Keep it up!
Agreed, I would probably use it once and them it would take a lot of space in the garage. I think I will add the shuttle though. Does anyone know if that is removable?
Sponsored