First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Pilot
In about 1.5 hours I got my black/yellow accent badges installed. Aside from removing the glue/tape from the original badges this was a breeze. I used some adhesive remover supplied by AO and their plastic scraping tool. Just about 10-15 mins of determination to get the old adhesive off In addition, I used 99% isopropyl alcohol to clean any solvent and prepare the surface.

I’d recommend using painters tape to outline the existing badges rather than tracing the outline while overlaying the new badges from AO. Run the painters tape (frog tape) right up against the existing letters and make a box around the badge. The overlaying method and marking with a dry erase marker worked, but wasn’t as exact and left some room for error. I used both methods.

Overall I’m super happy with the black and a yellow accents. I had the black stickers before and they promptly came off in the car wash. Yes, I go though a car wash about once a week (Club Car Wash).

https://abstractocean.com/products/...MI0aqapt_cgQMVSDrUAR0ZwTtrEAQYAiABEgJf2_D_BwE

I also got the sunshade by AO. I feel like the fit could be a bit better, but it is much better than the sunshade I got on Amazon. Took about 15 mins of messing around with it to get it just right. This is not something you want to take off and on the regular. The supplied clips and magnet secure it well. I might suggest Abstract Ocean include a few extra clips since a few of mine fell between the seats.

https://abstractocean.com/products/...=Sunshade&_ss=e&_v=1.0&variant=41966255308973

Rivian R1T R1S Black Rivian Badges and Sunshade from Abstract Ocean IMG_3449

Rivian R1T R1S Black Rivian Badges and Sunshade from Abstract Ocean IMG_3450

Rivian R1T R1S Black Rivian Badges and Sunshade from Abstract Ocean IMG_3447

Rivian R1T R1S Black Rivian Badges and Sunshade from Abstract Ocean IMG_3451

Rivian R1T R1S Black Rivian Badges and Sunshade from Abstract Ocean IMG_3453
Sponsored

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Thanks Zach, they look great. Noted on the sunshade clips!

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I also used a similar tape method while installing. I put tape on for reference and measured off the tape. The badges I put on were more accurate than the factory ones as factory were off an eighth Inch from side to side. Overall it was pretty easy and accurate to install.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
I used the blue painters tape method and marked the locations for each letter on the tape top and bottom. Then I applied each individual letter by hand. Took a few mins longer but came out perfect for both doors and trunk. Also while doing it this way, I was able to catch that my factory installed passenger side door emblem was slightly crooked against the fold line on the door.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

That looks really sharp against the white paint!

I had my PPF/tint guy install these emblems on my R1T while I had some PPF on the passenger sideview mirror being removed and re-installed. I just got the R1S emblems as well and will be doing the installation once I get back in town. Appreciate the installation tips! I’ve done this before - installed blacked out emblems on my wife’s Model 3. It’s not hard, just a bit tedious and takes some patience to make sure everything is lined up. I did the Model 3 letter by letter. Hope to avoid that this time but we’ll see how it goes.

Sponsored

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
I love how their website says Summer of 2023 for the R1S... uhmm...

Rivian R1T R1S Black Rivian Badges and Sunshade from Abstract Ocean kzpz4chx1si3mgfsqbm2l79&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
I love how their website says Summer of 2023 for the R1S... uhmm...

kzpz4chx1si3mgfsqbm2l79&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif
Ha. I've updated it. We're on our 4th iteration for the R1S, and hoping the 5th will be 'the one'. We're really close (front section is fine, the rear section is causing us a little pain).

OverEasyGoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Wrangler, '23 R1S, '79 Scout, R2 Reserved
Am I nuts or are these badges not accessible on the website? Your links worked but I've never seen them when browsing the Abstract Ocean site. Do they make these for the R1S?

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Am I nuts or are these badges not accessible on the website? Your links worked but I've never seen them when browsing the Abstract Ocean site. Do they make these for the R1S?
It is intentional. You may also need to be logged in to see some items.
Sponsored