Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
As seen on Facebook today:

IMG_0182.jpeg
IMG_0183.jpeg
I can’t speak to that particular situation with the Toyotas, as I wasn’t in that group, but I thought the organizers, Mr. Lundt and Mr. Reel (who has extensive overlanding/off-roading experience), and whom many of you know, did a fantastic job with the pre-trail safety and etiquette briefing, as well as the Rivian employees. Every single Rivian had an FRS radio, (I had two), group channel was FRS channel 7 with no subchannel, and each group of 3-4 Rivians had their own FRS channel with no subchannel, and comms were excellent. I was in the rear of my particular group and radioed ahead to my group leader several times that we needed to pull over to let a group of ICE vehicles pass that were pushing up faster behind us, and we did. Fist and number of fingers signs were flashed out of windows indicating the number in your group to oncoming traffic. I thanked and waved at every vehicle that passed us or we passed as they, or we, yielded the narrow shelf road, and I never saw a claimed campsite parked in personally.

I guarantee you will see many more complaints about “these damn EV’s on my trail” in the future. One thing they didn’t complain about, however, was loud engines and exhaust fumes disturbing their campsite.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I can’t speak to that particular situation with the Toyotas, as I wasn’t in that group, but I thought the organizers, Mr. Lundt and Mr. Reel (who has extensive overlanding/off-roading experience), and whom many of you know, did a fantastic job with the pre-trail safety and etiquette briefing, as well as the Rivian employees. Every single Rivian had an FRS radio, (I had two), group channel was FRS channel 7 with no subchannel, and each group of 3-4 Rivians had their own FRS channel with no subchannel, and comms were excellent. I was in the rear of my particular group and radioed ahead to my group leader several times that we needed to pull over to let a group of ICE vehicles pass that were pushing up faster behind us, and we did. Fist and number of fingers signs were flashed out of windows indicating the number in your group to oncoming traffic. I thanked and waved at every vehicle that passed us or we passed as they, or we, yielded the narrow shelf road, and I never saw a claimed campsite parked in personally.

I guarantee you will see many more complaints about “these damn EV’s on my trail” in the future. One thing they didn’t complain about, however, was loud engines and exhaust fumes disturbing their campsite.
Exactly. This guy just seems to have an axe to grind with EVs. That said, he did encounter folks on the way down where we had broken up and it was likely a free-for-all. I had 3 trucks with me and we maintained trail discipline...I can't speak for others. Many if not most Rivian owners are not well-versed with off-road trail etiquette and while we certainly tried to educate folks at the start, there's only so much we can do.
Sponsored