Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

@twraps - one other request -- I also installed your PPF kit for tailgate, door sills, and front of the truck (the five piece kit). I realize this is going to sound dumb, but something that would've been really helpful is if you'd take a sharpie and write "this piece goes over the charge port door" or "this piece goes on the left" or whatever.

I realize once you've done hundreds of these it becomes like "muscle memory" for you. But for someone who's never put one on before, it was very frustrating to open up a box with a bunch of pieces in it and no idea where each piece went, or even which was "top and bottom" in some cases. Maybe put arrows or something?

So, just a plea for better instructions. Love the products though! 😊
Sponsored

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

@twraps - one other request -- I also installed your PPF kit for tailgate, door sills, and front of the truck (the five piece kit). I realize this is going to sound dumb, but something that would've been really helpful is if you'd take a sharpie and write "this piece goes over the charge port door" or "this piece goes on the left" or whatever.

I realize once you've done hundreds of these it becomes like "muscle memory" for you. But for someone who's never put one on before, it was very frustrating to open up a box with a bunch of pieces in it and no idea where each piece went, or even which was "top and bottom" in some cases. Maybe put arrows or something?

So, just a plea for better instructions. Love the products though! 😊
This is also on our website :) :) :) In general, I try to reduce human labor because unlike most vendors of aftermarket accessories that are foreign based, we're based in California. Salaries, lease, benefits, insurance etc are expensive here, so the less labor the more competitive we can be. Also the less human error. For that reason we have that install card that leads you to our website with an explanation how to find the instructions for the specific product (basically just search for the product using the search box) and once you find it, all the info you'd need is there in the listing - installation video, schematics etc. Here is the schematics for the bumper. I hope that helps and I hope my explanation of why do we do it the way we do it makes sense.

Rivian R1T R1S Best center screen cover? Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 4.50.25 PM

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Awesome! Thank you for the replies, and for being so active in our community. 😊
By the way I meant to add something for the record - when I started TWRAPS about 2 years ago, I did it exactly as you suggested...we actually used to print individual instructions for each product and put it in the package and each part was labeled on the back. That turned unscalable though as the business grew. I remember we were spending close to $1k a month in just toners and paper - a complete waste of resources (both nature and human). That way of doing things survived for a few months until we had something like 30 products at which point the folks in the office started messing things up (in terms of labeling) so I figured this is no way to go, as messed up labels is worse than no labels. That's when I decided to just bulk order these install cards (press printed which is a lot cheaper than individual A4 papers printed on a laser printer in-house), and put the instructions online. It also allowed us to change our products (cut templates only at the time) more rapidly without having to re-open hundreds of products of pre-made inventory only to re-print and replace the instructions because we found out we needed to add another piece for example.
Nowadays, for stuff that's more error pone (judged by support feedback + return rate), we do put letters like P for passenger, D for driver etc which are just part of the cut model.

Last but not least - we still provide printed instructions & templates for the full front & full truck PPF, as those are more tricky and don't have the volume the other products do.

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Sending you the Clear one tomorrow 👍 I just made the order on my end (you should've received an email from Shopify).
Wow! Thanks Iliya! Much appreciated

Sponsored

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
@AO_Pete. Let's get working on those codes for Memorial Day weekend 😎
Just started a sale, 20% off store-wide. If you're on our mailing list, you'll get an email about it as well, later today.

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

TypeR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Just started a sale, 20% off store-wide. If you're on our mailing list, you'll get an email about it as well, later today.
Anything sales coming up? Just found out about these and looking to protect the screen from my kids.

Sponsored

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Possibly in the next couple of weeks as we celebrate our 10th year, but at this point not quite sure what will be included, as we're low on stock on a few key products.

Flypony53

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, F150 Lightning Platinum