Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

what is everyone’s recommendation, hd or Matt for the protector?
I got these in the matte:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BV98MWZ3/

Can't say if matte or glossy is better for driving / glare, I put them on literally the day after picking up the truck. But have definitely gotten some compliments on the matte finish - I had to tell people I put that on as a screen protector. Tricky to align and instructions suck, but not noticeable once done right. 😉

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

I got these in the matte:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BV98MWZ3/

Can't say if matte or glossy is better for driving / glare, I put them on literally the day after picking up the truck. But have definitely gotten some compliments on the matte finish - I had to tell people I put that on as a screen protector. Tricky to align and instructions suck, but not noticeable once done right. 😉
Thanks, just FYI we have an installation video:

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

I ended up just getting a layer of stealth XPEL ppf on all 3 screen when they were wrapping my R1S. No complaints, no glare, feels nice to touch, and helps to protect against scratches!

If I didn’t get that, then I definitely would’ve gone with Abstract Ocean.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I got the clear Abstract Ocean screen protectors. They're great, but... The screens anti-glare coating is good for minimizing off angle reflections etc. The screen protectors I've seen not only from AO, don't have the same coating, so you will see your reflection staring back at you for the first while, but you get used to it, and don't notice any more.

Matte diffuses direct reflections, but softens the screens crispness. So I chose clear. No regrets, just something to keep in mind when purchasing.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

@AO_Pete. Let's get working on those codes for Memorial Day weekend 😎

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
lol. It's never ending. You might think we plan this stuff out months in advance, but I'm here to tell you, nope, we don't! Not sure if we're doing something for next weekend, we have a warehouse closing sale going on right now, but there's no Rivian stuff in that, so maybe we'll do something just for Rivian 🤔

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
I got the AO clear, just like I did in my Tesla. The reflections don't bother me and I prefer to keep the screens crisp. I didn't bother putting one on the non-touch screen. They just look the same as stock. I get them mostly to take any impact or scratches that might happen from a ring or something hard.

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
I went with @twraps matte finish screen protector and am happy with it. I used the squeegee that came with the kit, but it caused a good amount of scratches. I would recommend being gentle when installing it.

Rivian R1T R1S Best center screen cover? IMG_8805

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

I went with @twraps matte finish screen protector and am happy with it. I used the squeegee that came with the kit, but it caused a good amount of scratches. I would recommend being gentle when installing it.

IMG_8805.jpg
Can you please DM me with your order #, I am happy to send you a new one. Just FYI there is a protective film on both sides, and the one on the front (where you squeegee) should stay until done with removing the bubbles. Once done with the squeegee then you remove the film 👍

Sponsored

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Can you please DM me with your order #, I am happy to send you a new one. Just FYI there is a protective film on both sides, and the one on the front (where you squeegee) should stay until done with removing the bubbles. Once done with the squeegee then you remove the film 👍
Appreciated and will DM you. Just to be clear, I'm happy and wasn't complaining. I was just sharing my feedback. Regardless thanks again for great customer service.

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

@twraps , I just received mine yesterday and installed (order #24995). I went with the Matte, but I wish I had gone with the clear. The Matte makes the main display way to hard to read for me with any morning or evening light off the screen (Maybe it is just the Florida sun, or maybe it is just the angle since I keep my seat moved pretty far forward). The Matte seems fine on the driver display and the back display. Do you sell just the center screen in clear?

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

@twraps , I just received mine yesterday and installed (order #24995). I went with the Matte, but I wish I had gone with the clear. The Matte makes the main display way to hard to read for me with any morning or evening light off the screen (Maybe it is just the Florida sun, or maybe it is just the angle since I keep my seat moved pretty far forward). The Matte seems fine on the driver display and the back display. Do you sell just the center screen in clear?
Sending you the Clear one tomorrow 👍 I just made the order on my end (you should've received an email from Shopify).

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Thanks, just FYI we have an installation video:
Thanks! A couple suggestions: (1) include a link directly to the video in the package (or a small printout of instructions), and (2) I really struggled to get the center screen protector lined up and had to remove and reinstall a bunch of times. It took hours to do all three but that was the hardest. When I had to do a lot of tablets at my work it helped to have a "frame" to line them up. Something like this:

Rivian R1T R1S Best center screen cover? 1684885273205

I realize it would be an additional cost but would be nice since there's no other edges to help line up against. Make a frame to go around the screen, slap the protector down in the middle, and done. Thanks again anyway, once installed the protectors are great! 😊

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Thanks! A couple suggestions: (1) include a link directly to the video in the package (or a small printout of instructions), and (2) I really struggled to get the center screen protector lined up and had to remove and reinstall a bunch of times. It took hours to do all three but that was the hardest. When I had to do a lot of tablets at my work it helped to have a "frame" to line them up. Something like this:

1684885273205.png

I realize it would be an additional cost but would be nice since there's no other edges to help line up against. Make a frame to go around the screen, slap the protector down in the middle, and done. Thanks again anyway, once installed the protectors are great! 😊
Thanks for the suggestions! We actually include a link to the listing and in the listing is the video (it's the QR code on the back). Perhaps I should figure out a more prominent place for this though.

As for the frame - noted, will see if it's viable next time I get a Rivian (which should be soon).
Sponsored