Sponsored

Benz EQS SUV - 7 seater

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I get the looks are subjective, however my spec which was fairly well equipped was $120k out the door. That's $4k less than a bare bones 7-seater Model X.

My kids absolutely love the interior. They already think it's the coolest vehicle we've owned. Don't knock it until you actually spend some time in one. I had a similar opinion in the beginning when I saw photos but have been pretty blown away by the actual execution.
As you said - very different use case than a Rivian - but it looks pretty great. Interested to see if you have any significant issues. I bet the ride and comfort are incredible.

I would go with this over a Model X even if it was more expensive.
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
It looks really futuristic in there, cool looking vehicle. It's a shame the Mercedes dealer here is full of pirates and thieves. I won't buy one just so I don't have to deal with that dealer. The new G wagon looks pretty cool I would totally consider replacing what is now my wife's Audi with it.

• Haha
Reactions: Guy

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
The EQS phone app might be the best yet. Better than Rivian's, way better than Porsche, Audi, or Polestar, and I think possibly even better than Tesla.

It's really fast, has great notification settings, you are able to control many functions on the vehicle, see where the vehicle is live on a map, get trip data and history, change the charge percentage, set departure times, use a build in map for route planning and then send to the vehicle, tire pressure data, valet mode, start over the air updates, and build in owners manual.

Edit: I should add, no phantom drain either.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Benz is going to sell a ton of these. I’ve been able to see a few EQS sedans inside and out, build quality is (as expected for Benz) excellent. The autonomous driving tech is pretty close to Tesla outside of the beta stuff and overall tech is among the best. I don’t think it’s a fair comparison with rivian as it’s diff use cases and it’s smaller than the rivian (also more expensive).

Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
Here are some pictures from the route planning in the app. I really wish other automakers would do something similar.

Rivian R1T R1S Benz EQS SUV - 7 seater IMG_5642.PNG

Rivian R1T R1S Benz EQS SUV - 7 seater IMG_5643.PNG

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
Looks like a nice product.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
Looks more like a wagon/crossover than an SUV.
We were at an EA charger a few days ago an one of these pulled up alongside. Gorgeous inside but a good deal less capacious. They were wowed by the size of the frunk and the rear capacity of the R1S relative to the fairly limited space in the Mercedes.
Sponsored