Sponsored

Benz EQS SUV - 7 seater

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Looks like every other crossover out there, just with a Mercedes logo slapped on it.

Combine that with no frunk, no trunk if you choose the 7-seater, no ground clearance and I'm left wondering "why?"
Sponsored

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
Looks like every other crossover out there, just with a Mercedes logo slapped on it.

Combine that with no frunk, no trunk if you choose the 7-seater, no ground clearance and I'm left wondering "why?"
Well, you're preaching to the choir, but many don't need that ground clearance to get to the supermarket, so why pretend?

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Well, you're preaching to the choir, but many don't need that ground clearance to get to the supermarket, so why pretend?
Why stop now? They've been pretending the same for decades. I hear it's more about feeling high up with better visibility, but good luck seeing around that new Hummer either way, haha.

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
Why stop now? They've been pretending the same for decades. I hear it's more about feeling high up with better visibility, but good luck seeing around that new Hummer either way, haha.
Fair point. But that new Hummer is dead & buried in my neck of the woods. A mom wouldn't be caught dead in a new Hummer here. That's for the guy with ... compensation issues. :)

OP
OP

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
373 miles of rated WLTP range is not competitive with 348 miles of rated EPA range of Tesla Model X.

Model X will have 14 cubic feet more storage capacity behind 2nd row.

And a Frunk. Despite having a larger hepa filter.
Tesla overstates range by 10-20%. EQS sedan in most testings went close to 50-70 miles more than the EPA range.

With both second and third row down, believe EQS SUV has more space. In my view, when it comes to quietness and comfortable interior Tesla has no chance to stand against any traditional luxury car brands: Lexus, Benz, BMW, Cadillac, Audi etc.

Reactions: Guy

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

out of my price range, but looks pretty sic. though just based on eyeballing, that 3rd row looks unusable for adults.

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
out of my price range, but looks pretty sic. though just based on eyeballing, that 3rd row looks unusable for adults.
Genuinely curious as I hear this point raised often and have never understood why, but what is the use case for adults in the back of a 7 seater? In my own limited experience, this only comes up when traveling out of state with friends and in those cases we're renting a car anyways so get a Suburban or something similar.

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
Genuinely curious as I hear this point raised often and have never understood why, but what is the use case for adults in the back of a 7 seater? In my own limited experience, this only comes up when traveling out of state with friends and in those cases we're renting a car anyways so get a Suburban or something similar.
Currently own a 3 row SUV and used the 3rd row for adults several times. Two kids with car seat occupy the 2nd row and there isn't much space left for an adult. One or two In-laws visit sometimes, particularly my mother-in-law. We are going to have an au-pair in two months, so likely over next year we'd need it even more.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

point taken. for a majority of folks, the need probably arises infrequently. but if youre a people mover then it comes up often for both short and long trips.
we haul our kids and kids' friends around. sometimes these kids can be adult sized. we also volunteer at local universities so were hauling around students. and we take trips both on weekends and longer stretches with other families. we generally try to consolidate vehicles if we can so 6-7 people per vehicle is common. i guess its fair to ask why we dont get a minivan or a larger SUV but not everyone likes minivans or large SUVs.

Rob Stark

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S
Tesla overstates range by 10-20%. EQS sedan in most testings went close to 50-70 miles more than the EPA range.

With both second and third row down, believe EQS SUV has more space. In my view, when it comes to quietness and comfortable interior Tesla has no chance to stand against any traditional luxury car brands: Lexus, Benz, BMW, Cadillac, Audi etc.
Tesla runs EPA five cycle test and reports numbers. They don't overstate anything.

Kyle from out of spec motoring range tested an EQS 450+ at 70 mph rated at 350 miles of range and got 344 miles.

EQS SUV has 71 cubic feet behind 2nd row and Model X has 85 cubic feet. Fact.

EQS SUV is not competing against a 2016 Model X. It remains to be tested to compare noise levels of refreshed 2022/3 Model X vs 2023 EQS SUV.

Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
I just spoke to the Mercedes dealer and they have the configurator available. I’m headed in next week to take a look. They said I would most likely take delivery this fall as they are starting to get build slots. I’ll be curious on the prices and options.

With the R1S delay I figured it’s worth my time to investigate.

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
Configuration for what model, exactly?

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
I just spoke to the Mercedes dealer and they have the configurator available. I’m headed in next week to take a look. They said I would most likely take delivery this fall as they are starting to get build slots. I’ll be curious on the prices and options.

Good stuff, it's a great looking minivan :)

OP
OP

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60

EQS SUV pricing is not announced, as of now pricing is available only for options. Vehicle is still not released and quite a few people have build date allocated with delivery scheduled for mid to late fall. Out of Spec Kyle posted a short video sometime back with a preproduction vehicle.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

id guess its going to be north of $125k which is a lot. you get a lot more luxury than you do i the R1S but you will get a less capable offroad vehicle. if it were closer in price to the R1S id consider it.
Sponsored