(Bed) size matters

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
It’s bet to carry skis in something such that they are not exposed to the exterior elements. Roads going to and around ski resorts will be sloppy and have a lot of salt in that slop. Getting that all over your skis is a perfect recipe for rust and will also deteriorate your bindings. Having them fit inside the bed with tonneau cover closed will be the best way to transport them. Otherwise, rooftop enclosed carrier on the rack.
Sponsored

Rob P

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Range Rover HSE Supercharged, 2014 BMW 650 convertible, 2014 Mercedes C class wife, 4 Dodge Rams trucks for work
Occupation
Own a Landscape and Christmas decorating company
In calculating placement on the diagonal, one needs to take into consideration the width and length of the item.
Correct. My worry is 188 cm rocketed skis are roughly 12 inches deep at the tips when together. I could likely do one corner low and one corner high to get them to fit . But I wouldn't be comfortable spending 90k if I wasn't sure they would fit. My math is not good enough to figure out a 3 dimensional model with diagonal length plus depth though I think they would likely fit

Mark K

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Volt
Occupation
Retired
Correct. My worry is 188 cm rocketed skis are roughly 12 inches deep at the tips when together. I could likely do one corner low and one corner high to get them to fit . But I wouldn't be comfortable spending 90k if I wasn't sure they would fit. My math is not good enough to figure out a 3 dimensional model with diagonal length plus depth though I think they would likely fit
I could probably do it with my CAD program if I had a good idea about the actual shape of the skis. The box would be easy to draw if it has completely vertical flat sides.
Or you could tape together a large cardboard box and try to get the skis to fit.

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
a bed extender such as I had in a Ridgeline would help a lot. Maybe it could be third-partied; the only downside in the ridgeline was that using the bed extender meant that the backup camera was pointing down at the roadway.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
a bed extender such as I had in a Ridgeline would help a lot. Maybe it could be third-partied; the only downside in the ridgeline was that using the bed extender meant that the backup camera was pointing down at the roadway.
I'm curious where the backup camera is on the R1T. A new pickup design from scratch means they should have thought of a way to make it work with the tailgate down!

Sponsored

E-lectric

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T El Cap w/ 22s , 24 BMW i5 M60
Clubs

Add me to your minority... The R1T is about at the max length I am willing to live with.
I agree, I want it just like it is. I am really in the minority, as I want it for a street truck with only occasional use of the bed.

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
I'm curious where the backup camera is on the R1T. A new pickup design from scratch means they should have thought of a way to make it work with the tailgate down!
I asked this on the chat today. Sadly, it wasn't a detail they were willing to share.

The direct response I got was:
I can share that the vehicles will have 10 exterior cameras and 1 interior camera for the driver monitoring system. However, we will be sharing more details on where the cameras are located closer to delivery.
Sponsored