Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland

OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply. That’s a great fit for a relatively large tent. The design and color of the tent fit the truck really well, too. Nice work.
Well, I didn’t buy this tent for the aesthetics on the Rivian 😂 I had this tent mounted on my previous rig, a Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Keeping the tent below and behind the antenna fin means it sticks out a wee bit in the back. Better that than raising the tent up another 3“-4” to clear the fin. Then, I’m pretty sure noise and efficiency loss would come into play.
Sponsored

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
18” definitely has noise. Air interaction with the spoiler is my guess. I will eventually get taller.
Interesting... I've never noticed any noise from my 18" rack. YMMV.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
I don't understand what "fill in the front edge" means ???

IMG_6908.jpg
I have heard some people fill in the channel on the leading edge where the capture nut goes. This way it’s a smoother front.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
I have heard some people fill in the channel on the leading edge where the capture nut goes. This way it’s a smoother front.
I haven't done or seen that, but admittedly haven't had a reason to... normally, I have a Skycamp 3.0 mini mounted on top of my rack and it has a small wind deflector on the leading edge of it. That may help some as well. Either way, I haven't detected any increased wind noise from the rack - loaded or empty.
Sponsored