First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
which build dates came with a single 12v?
Sometime after March 2023 IIRC.. hard to be sure because it's not something that's obvious to the owners without removing some trim... and not many are keen to do that on a brand new vehicle.

Any theories on why a single 12v is less prone to this issue than dual?
50% less parts to fail. Many of the vehicles had only one dead battery and the other was good, but Rivian replaced both because you shouldn't have two different age batts in the same system. With the single batt system, the BMS (Battery Management System) only has one battery to track and maintain.. so that might help too.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Foggydew

First Name
F John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica
Occupation
Business owner
Thank you everyone! Feeling more at ease. More importantly my wife and kids thank you for helping me be less obsessed with our new r1t’s journey!
we do have solar at home and have the Pacifica hybrid plug
In as our main family car.

Gman

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Toyota Landcruiser, Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Open Ocean Swimmer
KIUC- Kauai’s Electricity Co-Op on my September bill our cost was 54.7/KwH. We have same generation sources of power as on other islands. Burning diesel is least cost efficient. You are correct regarding solar- plus add the battery storage option is a no-brainer. My pay-back was 6.87 yrs. - drive truck for no direct energy cost if not factoring in additional cost of EV vs ICE. For me the decision was convenience- no Costco hour drive in to Lihue and 10 minute gas lines- no half day oil changes- priceless. Having said above- my take is the transition to EV’s in HI is going to take longer than most experts predict. And HI is the best state in Union to have EV. Range is not an issue on any island. My 2 cents.
Sponsored