Attending Fully Charged Live in Austin?

Attending?

• Total voters

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
Thanks Dubs for the timely updates. I have to agree that Rivian is legit! Safe drive home!
Sponsored

Tyker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda3
I was there today. Heard a lot of similar things as posted here. Other things I did learn:

There will be true blind spot monitoring in the side view mirrors.
Sirius xm will be available
360 degree camera will be present
Rear zone climate control is standard on all trims
There will be an upgraded sound package but they wouldn’t tell me who
Merchandising coming in April
Late summer early fall is when configurator will go live, and app will be released around this time too.

I spoke with the team member in charge of the color selections (interior and exterior) about the possibility of a black optics package and she noted that was a popular request and they haven’t settled on offerings as they were not sure everyone would love the yellow accents they are currently using but are definitely listening to feedback

This was my first time seeing them in person and honestly all of the pictures I have seen did them no justice, they are beautiful vehicles and there is so much fine detail. I test drove the etron there and my wife was more impressed by the interior of the Rivian’s without even having sat in them.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I agree that seeing them live is better than the pics.

what did you think of the eTron?

I test drove the jag iPace...nice acceleration but had torque steer, and Charles told me at the Overland West event last year, that the Rivian will not have that issue. IPace has no storage. I have not test driven the eTron for the simple reason it does not have storage either. I can’t put one set of golf clubs in the back of either suv without putting the rear seats down— no security for personal effects in the back.

Tyker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda3
I agree that seeing them live is better than the pics.

what did you think of the eTron?

I test drove the jag iPace...nice acceleration but had torque steer, and Charles told me at the Overland West event last year, that the Rivian will not have that issue. IPace has no storage. I have not test driven the eTron for the simple reason it does not have storage either. I can’t put one set of golf clubs in the back of either suv without putting the rear seats down— no security for personal effects in the back.
I really like the etron. Tech is on point, ride is smooth, convenience of Audi dealerships near by, etc. the 3D camera/360 degree overhead view is simply amazing, and very responsive. 200 mile range isn’t really a big deal because I would just use my wife’s car for travel. They couldn’t give me any information on the Q4 electric but for your needs I think it’s going to be a bit smaller anyways. I spent 10 bucks and entered the Omaze deal so I could win one to tide me over till my r1t arrives haha

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
I edited my previous post, but two employees made it seem like a burnt orange/root beer color will be available. I also tried to politely bring up the lack of communication regarding updates, and that seemed to hit home pretty well. So hopefully we’ll start to hear more!
Thanks for sharing your updates!
Regarding color(s), in line with what I heard last October at the Normal event. (Fan of these color options!)
Thanks for enlightening them to improve their communications. I've previously attempted the same. I hope others continue to politely inform them of the same.

Sponsored

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Will someone at FCL ask about the sound system? Perhaps they aren't giving any details but it would be interesting to know if their system will be able to compete with the premium Tesla system. Specifically, the Model 3 has (and Model Y will have) 14 speakers, 1 sub, 2 amps. Not that number of speakers = quality of sound, but Tesla is clearly looking for a premium sound. Is Rivian going for the same?
There will be 2 audio options, including a "premium with 3D surround", and they are "benchmarking" it.

It's not determined whether it will be a standalone option, or be packaged with other features.

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

Nice post.

Regarding your 6th bullet about the Rivian’s getting to LA after The Long Way Up trip. Something was bugging me about the door latches being skimpy...I have owned several bmw’s and the way doors closed are nice and secure.

checkout the R1S’s door anchor ... do you guys agree that this is flimsy? I am sure this supports RayzorBEV’s findings. Thoughts?

upload_2020-2-1_19-49-37.jpeg

I want a solid vehicle that does not rattle. I want a fit and finish like a German built vehicle.
What are the paddles on the steering wheel? Since the Rivian doesn't have gears, what would they do?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
What are the paddles on the steering wheel? Since the Rivian doesn't have gears, what would they do?
Tank Mode. Other than the tank turn video, not much has been shared yet.

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
I asked about other paddle functionality besides tank turn and they’re still trying to decide on that.

Sponsored

Dreamwater

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Suburban Z71, 1977 CJ5, 2011 Infinity M37
My wife and two kids spent 2 days in Austin with the Rivian folks and we're more converted than ever. Everyone was genuine, down to earth and very much interested in delivering the best possible product. After 2 days of questioning, it was clear they're still making minor changes to the vehicles. For example, final placement of all USB ports hasn't been determined. Any issues they found with the road trip from South America are being addressed. We asked about a film or something to protect the front panels from paint chips. They didn't mention issues but said they're evaluating options.

Here's a few items I'm not sure I've seen posted previously:
  • There will be 8 base colors and 2 "seasonal" colors that will rotate.
  • The doors will have a second rubber seal that is not on the display vehicles.
  • Valet mode will be activated via console or phone. Key fob will be left with valet. Valet mode is deactivated using 4 digit code.
  • Pricing - Based on discussions with multiple people, it appears the intent is to have prices lower than originally announced but final pricing and what will be included at each level is still not finalized. In general, the 180 kw version will have most options included in the price. I'm not sure exactly what that means and I doubt they have it nailed down anyway. I was told that heated and cooled front seats will be included at all levels. It sounds like they are still determining the costs from suppliers for a lot of these items so they won't really know final prices on all the options for a few months.
  • Roof racks will be an accessory at all levels.
  • Brian mentioned the battery could be replaced in 30 minutes.
  • One of the roof options is a two piece removable top. The way it was described to me was essentially two separate removable sunroofs with roof structure separating them. They thought about having them overlap to create one large open space but were concerned with the structural rigidity of the cab.
  • The width of the truck bed was around 55 inches and the length with the tailgate at 90 degrees was 82 inches.
  • The maximum width at the rear opening of the R1S is 47 inches (top line). The distance between the two plastic things at the bottom is roughly 43 inches (bottom line).

Rivian R1T R1S Attending Fully Charged Live in Austin? rivian rear openin

The center console pulls out of course and seems pretty good size. Ignore the wires. As others have mentioned the sides of the center console in front of the pullout drawer will be raised to better keep things from falling out. The piece printed with RIVIAN had USB ports during the drive up from South America but they found it was dangerous for a driver to access while driving so it will be sealed up. It didn't sound like there was much space there anyway so we aren't giving up much.

Rivian R1T R1S Attending Fully Charged Live in Austin? Rivian center console

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Any idea on where would be the sunglass' holder? I dont think we have seen a spot for one. I was assuming that would be the piece printed RIVIAN in the above picture.

Thoughts?

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-I find this incredible! Does it means maybe hot swappable in future? Or even upgrade to larger battery pack? Any thoughts on this?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
-I find this incredible! Does it means maybe hot swappable in future? Or even upgrade to larger battery pack? Any thoughts on this?
Probably not. IIRC, Rivian has indicated they don't intend to support upgrades. I suppose that could change.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Probably not. IIRC, Rivian has indicated they don't intend to support upgrades. I suppose that could change.
Thanks! Either way, Rivian engineers did a great job in making their batteries easily replaceable.
Sponsored