Sponsored

Anyone remove the chrome trim on the R1S?

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

I also bought the Twraps but haven’t installed it yet. I think there isn’t enough of the vinyl so when you open the doors, you can still see the chrome strip. And it will be uneven which will bother me.

I was speaking to another Rivian owner who gave me a mobile installer. They do a process called liquid wrap. I think it covers the entire strip but not sure how it’s different than vinyl. But they come to you and will take care of it. If anyone has experience with liquid wraps, please let me know.
For the record - we cover all the chrome, so if properly installed, when you open the doors you wont see any chrome. You can see it on the install video 👍🏻
Sponsored

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I also bought the Twraps but haven’t installed it yet. I think there isn’t enough of the vinyl so when you open the doors, you can still see the chrome strip. And it will be uneven which will bother me.
Can confirm there is enough vinyl to completely cover the chrome trim under/inside the door area. I did mess up in one spot, was able to correct it though… but hey you get two full sets from @twraps in case you do really mess up!!

I’ll grab a couple shots today to show you the inside areas if you’d like.
Rivian R1T R1S Anyone remove the chrome trim on the R1S? IMG_1599

pangpang77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5, 2023 Chevy Bolt EUV Premier
Occupation
Systems Exec

I was speaking to another Rivian owner who gave me a mobile installer. They do a process called liquid wrap. I think it covers the entire strip but not sure how it’s different than vinyl. But they come to you and will take care of it. If anyone has experience with liquid wraps, please let me know.
There’s definitely enough if you do it right. You can’t see any chrome.

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone remove the chrome trim on the R1S? IMG_8999

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone remove the chrome trim on the R1S? IMG_9001

Cookie

First Name
Cookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RiS
Occupation
Sales
I have mostly blacked out my R1S... Pretty much everything except the chrome trim around the roof. And, with everything else blacked out, its more glaring than ever..

I know TWraps sells a wrap kit, but I can imagine that not being very easy to install properly. I'm sure a shop would charge an insane amount to do it.

Anyone pull the trim off for painting? I believe it's just glued/stuck on with butyl tape and could be an easy thing to pry off.
I used Hyperdip.in satin color for my emblems on my El Cap paint and decided to try it on the chrome. The cost for spray and masking materials came out to about $30.
I also ceramic coated the car along with the trim. Looks very good in my opinion.
https://www.dipyourcar.com/collections/hyperdip

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone remove the chrome trim on the R1S? IMG_0011

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone remove the chrome trim on the R1S? IMG_0010

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone remove the chrome trim on the R1S? IMG_0009
Sponsored