Anyone delay their order?

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
I received an email stating that I will be invited to the "purchase experience" s00n, but don't yet have a guide.

As a early VIN Tesla owner, I am okay waiting a bit to let others work out the first model year bugs.

Has anyone delayed their order successfully?
Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Just change your config to ocean coast. Since they aren't making OC vehicles, that will effectively put your vehicle on hold. You can change it back to whatever you wanted once you are ready to move forward.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I am in the Jul-Sep 2022 window but have not been contacted. Even so, I have been contemplating requesting a delay until more of the QC, Software and delivery issues have been resolved. Currently is seems to be a very low probability of getting an R1 without issues.

If no other option is available I may just change my configuration to invoke a delay.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
If you are willing to wait a few years you can ask them to switch you to the dual motor config.

VermontR1T

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
If you are willing to wait a few years you can ask them to switch you to the dual motor config.
Which would not be a good idea since you would be sacrificing preferential pricing assuming you pre-ordered prior to 3/1.

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
It really depends on how long you want to wait. Max packs are probably not going to start showing up until sometime in 2023, so you could change your config to an Explore Max pack to guarantee the longest wait, and switch back to the trim you actually want when you're ready to get your order fulfilled.

If you want to wait even longer (say, 2+ years), then you'd be better off accepting delivery, turning around to sell it, and use the proceeds to eventually pay updated pricing for a Rivian with in-house motors in 2024+.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Agree with others - You might be better off switching to Ocean Coast or another config that is delayed anyway so you keep your place in the preorder cue (ignoring the fact that we are learning that doesn't matter much right now) and not have to "officially postpone" your delivery.

But I don't think there will be any large scale changes to the truck in the first year or two. Anything they need to fix they can fix at your service center.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Which would not be a good idea since you would be sacrificing preferential pricing assuming you pre-ordered prior to 3/1.
It's true you'd be sacrificing the pricing, but you might end up with a more reliable truck.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
I'm between contracts so my credit union flat told me they wouldn't make a loan, so I told my guide I needed to wait to continue the process. So far, it's been no problem, other than of course not having the vehicle which I'm really looking forward to owning and driving.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
True, other option would be to add max pack and then move it back to large when they are ready to order.

Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
True, other option would be to add max pack and then move it back to large when they are ready to order.
But if the OP has launch edition, they would probably not be able to move back to launch edition. But perhaps the OP would rather not have launch edition, since by definition those are the first (and therefore most buggy) trucks.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
But if the OP has launch edition, they would probably not be able to move back to launch edition. But perhaps the OP would rather not have launch edition, since by definition those are the first (and therefore most buggy) trucks.
I would assume OP doesn't want a launch edition

OP
OP

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
OP here, thanks for the feedbacks. I hate to say it, but I don't have a launch edition configured and I really want the pre-price change quad motor. :)

I have a call with a guide tomorrow. I'm based out of Austin, so I think if I can understand the service center situation a bit better I may pull the trigger. I certainly will not be trading in right away just in case.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
I received an email stating that I will be invited to the "purchase experience" s00n, but don't yet have a guide.

As a early VIN Tesla owner, I am okay waiting a bit to let others work out the first model year bugs.

Has anyone delayed their order successfully?
I was contemplating waiting, but...I just got off the phone with the guide and the conversation wasn't incredibly helpful.

Was basically told you can get "these already available R1T's now" as in pick them next week at the plant in Normal (I live near by) or if I wanted my exact configuration I would have to wait an unknown amount of time for a vehicle to to be ready.

I didn't like the idea of waiting, considering I don't have a vehicle right now and my Guide wouldn't specifically tell me when my exact configuration would be available. So not having a car and kinda needing one I told her I'd take anything with 22" wheels and a spare tire.

She said she had a Black R1T Adventure available. I could have gotten a Launch Edition with the all-terrain tires, however I wanted the slight range bump.

All options not immediately available would delay any order with said options (camp kitchen, OC, etc.)

All in all the whole "guide" experience wasn't much of anything, or at least hasn't been so far.

I couldn't even get an answer of when a wall charger would arrive (seriously?).

Whatever... I'm just gonna roll the dice and punt on this one.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I was contemplating waiting, but...I just got off the phone with the guide and the conversation wasn't incredibly helpful.

Was basically told you can get "these already available R1T's now" as in pick them next week at the plant in Normal (I live near by) or if I wanted my exact configuration I would have to wait an unknown amount of time for a vehicle to to be ready.

I didn't like the idea of waiting, considering I don't have a vehicle right now and my Guide wouldn't specifically tell me when my exact configuration would be available. So not having a car and kinda needing one I told her I'd take anything with 22" wheels and a spare tire.

She said she had a Black R1T Adventure available. I could have gotten a Launch Edition with the all-terrain tires, however I wanted the slight range bump.

All options not immediately available would delay any order with said options (camp kitchen, OC, etc.)

All in all the whole "guide" experience wasn't much of anything, or at least hasn't been so far.

I couldn't even get an answer of when a wall charger would arrive (seriously?).

Whatever... I'm just gonna roll the dice and punt on this one.
Camp kitchen and other accessories that are not part of the vehicle are not delaying things - people are just getting them later, at the previously agreed price. FYI.
Sponsored